Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 Sunshine State EggFest in Cape Canaveral, Florida

Options

Comments

• SurfingEgg321
    Options
    These eggs are ready to be fired up!
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @MaC122 I should be there around 8:30. Trying to get a MiniMax  before they sell out. Go stand in line and  grab one for me.   :)
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    He's here again. @SaintJohnsEgger I didn't buy meet and greet and they didn't let me into the conference area. 
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Hitting the road in about 45 minutes. Should be a 2 hour drive
    MiniMax 04/17

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    Craig's at it again!!! Awesome
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'd much, much, rather be there right now.  We plan on moving to that area in the near future and we are currently getting slammed with really bad storms and rain right now.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
    Some how my Large doesn't feel adequate enough anymore!
    O-Town, FL

• ronw9471
    ronw9471 Posts: 112
    Options
    Looks like a great event, We'll be there next year.
    Parrish, FL

My Photo Website: www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

XL Big Green Egg
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sorry I missed it.  It looks like Jan is putting on a great Fest!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Two more XXL shots of what Craig was cooking:

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2
    edited April 2017
    Options

Great pork tenderloin!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    Pictures from inside the convention center at the meet and greet yesterday: 

MiniMax cache oh my:

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    $379 for a MiniMax. That was the whole reason I drove down from Jacksonville. Too good of a deal to miss out on. All the other stuff was just icing on the cake.

Somehow I missed Dr. BBQ. Just got his cookbook this week
    MiniMax 04/17

• SamIAm2
    Options
    Last shots of the Sunshine State Eggfest:

GentryBBQ pulled pork sliders.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • thetrim
    Options
    $379 for a MiniMax. That was the whole reason I drove down from Jacksonville. Too good of a deal to miss out on. All the other stuff was just icing on the cake.

Somehow I missed Dr. BBQ. Just got his cookbook this week
    Great price!  That even cheaper than normal!  I wonder how many they sold?
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Where are the PEOPLE? Not interested in BGC or Dr BBQ (or whatever his name is). Does no one have any pics of people we know?! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SamIAm2
    Options
    I don't normally post pictures of folks without their permission, and how would I know what people you know
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    sorry @Carolina Q I just don't know that many people yet. So even if they or you were there I wouldn't know it.
    MiniMax 04/17

• thetrim
    Options
    Looks like a great time.  It's nice to see this event grow year after year!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    I don't normally post pictures of folks without their permission, and how would I know what people you know
    Ok, know OF then. Look at the NC Butt Blast thread. I don't KNOW any of those guys. Neither do you, I'll bet. But you know the names from here. Nice to put names with faces. Go back and find pics from the Sunshine state fest from the old days. FACES were actually shown, not crowd shots where you can barely SEE faces, much less ID them.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Flysandy
    Flysandy Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This was our first egg fest.  We pre-purchased a new XL with nest for $975 (it'll go nicely with our existing mini max).  We didn't know what to expect.  

We showed up at 9am and bought our accessories (XL woo, 19" wok, thermapen, Kick Ash basket), then had breakfast. Wow we were full of food in short order. The first class that had our interest was at 2pm so we left and ran some errands for a couple of hours (we live local on Merritt Island).

We were back just after noon (on time for lunch!).  We bought one of each flavor of jams from Unicoi Preserves.   We were excited for the unveiling of the Pizza-Porta for the XL....it's the one accessory I have some interest in but didn't think I'd be able to get since we opted for the XL (not sure we'll go that route but darn nice to know it's an option now)

I think the layout there at the Raddison convention site was ideal with indoor and outdoor spaces used.   I understand they have even outgrown this though and will move again nearby next year.  I tried to listen as Jan (I think of her as mama Wassi) talked about it, but audio where I was sitting inside wasn't all that great. (If anyone has the scoop on the new place let me know...I thought she was announcing it)

We are fans of the Wassis ....their market prices are very reasonable considering they are a family owned business, and egg prices.... incredible.  Meat quality is awesome, and they have great customer service.  They replaced our FlameBoss no hassle when the buttons were defective on our first unit.  You can tell they are all about creating a great experience.  We hope to attend a couple of egg cooking classes there this year.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Welcome Sandy. 

It it as our second Eggfest and we enjoyed it tremendously. We are in Jacksonville so I need to find something local that is as good as Wassi's. They are just too far to go for meat but I loved the price I paid for my MM. 
    MiniMax 04/17

• thetrim
    Options
    Wassi's is great.  I stop every time I'm in Melbourne.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Where are the PEOPLE? Not interested in BGC or Dr BBQ (or whatever his name is). Does no one have any pics of people we know?! 
    The only forum members that I knew were Chris Groves (left) and Pat McDonough. Thanks to Pat for the extra help!

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Cool! I haven't seen or heard from @FlaPoolman in forever! Thanks!!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Cool! I haven't seen or heard from @FlaPoolman in forever! Thanks!!
    Pat was a ton of help. That's what was left of this alligator. We picked that lil guy clean. It was like ants at a picnic and gone in 30 seconds. 
  • OneNole03
    OneNole03 Posts: 93
    Options
    I wish I was able to stay long enough to get some of that gator. The event did look like it grew compared to last year so glad to here they may be looking for a larger venue. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    OneNole03 said:
    I wish I was able to stay long enough to get some of that gator. The event did look like it grew compared to last year so glad to here they may be looking for a larger venue. 
    Word is that they broke the 5000 in attendance mark. That would make this event the single largest Eggfest around (including Eggtoberfest). They are definitely moving the venue next year. They told me where, but I forgot. 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    OneNole03 said:
    Word is that they broke the 5000 in attendance mark. That would make this event the single largest Eggfest around (including Eggtoberfest). They are definitely moving the venue next year. They told me where, but I forgot. 
    I'm glad I was part of the record setting crowd. In line before 9:00 AM and was part of the first 300 through the gate. I wanted to be early to take advantage of the MM deal.

Things were really hopping by noon when we left. 
    MiniMax 04/17