Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 Sunshine State EggFest in Cape Canaveral, Florida

Options
SurfingEgg321
SurfingEgg321 Posts: 55
edited March 2017 in EggHead Forum
Being put on by Wassis Meats April 29th! ... Who's going?

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Gonna do my best
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
    I'm In 
    O-Town, FL

• SurfingEgg321
    Options
    Should be a fun event, lots of known Eggers will be there. I think its 10% off accessories inside as well. Kinda offset the cost of the ticket. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've never been, but this fest, by all accounts, was great when Bubba Tim and Little Chef ran it. Always lots of posts and pics about it. Like the 3000 post thread for the Carolina one last year. :rofl: When Tim and Michelle stopped doing it a couple of years ago and turned it over to Wassis, the location was moved from the beach, and I never read another word. Might still be great, but not much is said. 

I assume @FlaPoolman still goes and @Richard Fl since they live close by. And the Tampa area folks, @Florida Grillin Girl and @SSN686, maybe even @HungryMan. Others from all over used to go, @Mainegg@eenie meenie@Zippylip, even @Little Steven. Don't hear much from some of those guys any more. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I was down there (Daytona) for an all day meeting week before last. Happened to be bikers week. Have they dispersed yet? I still can't hear a thing.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SurfingEgg321
    SurfingEgg321 Posts: 55
    edited March 2017
    Options
    "I've never been, but this fest, by all accounts, was great when Bubba Tim and Little Chef ran it. Always lots of posts and pics about it. Like the 3000 post thread for the Carolina one last year. rofl When Tim and Michelle stopped doing it a couple of years ago and turned it over to Wassis, the location was moved from the beach, and I never read another word. Might still be great, but not much is said." I forgot to hit the quote button!

Well I am a fairly new Wassis customer, but they have been nothing but great to me. They have helped me out with all my questions ranging from accessories to rubs to recipes to cooks. I saw the post about the north Florida egg fest a few weeks/months ago, and figured I'd try to drum up some discussion about this one! 
  • SurfingEgg321
    Options
    I was down there (Daytona) for an all day meeting week before last. Happened to be bikers week. Have they dispersed yet? I still can't hear a thing.
    Yep, they are all gone now.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    I am a fairly new Wassis customer, but they have been nothing but great to me. They have helped me out with all my questions ranging from accessories to rubs to recipes to cooks. I saw the post about the north Florida egg fest a few weeks/months ago, and figured I'd try to drum up some discussion about this one! 
    Wasn't slamming Wassi's, either as a store or as a fest host (though if I were going to go, I would prefer the beach site). I simply meant that we used to hear a lot about the Sunshine State Eggfest, before, during and after the event. We haven't since the change. Not so much as a photograph (not that I recall anyway). Maybe that was because Tim and Michelle were active members and had many friends on the forum. Not so with Wassi's. Dunno.

Just looked at the Demo Egg prices. Great deal on the Large! With nest and a platesetter, $699! Best fest price I've ever seen for that package. Everything's sold out though, except the XXL for $2K+.

Hope you have a great turnout this year... and post some pics! =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SurfingEgg321
    Options
    I am a fairly new Wassis customer, but they have been nothing but great to me. They have helped me out with all my questions ranging from accessories to rubs to recipes to cooks. I saw the post about the north Florida egg fest a few weeks/months ago, and figured I'd try to drum up some discussion about this one! 
    Wasn't slamming Wassi's, either as a store or as a fest host (though if I were going to go, I would prefer the beach site). I simply meant that we used to hear a lot about the Sunshine State Eggfest, before, during and after the event. We haven't since the change. Not so much as a photograph (not that I recall anyway). Maybe that was because Tim and Michelle were active members and had many friends on the forum. Not so with Wassi's. Dunno.

Just looked at the Demo Egg prices. Great deal on the Large! With nest and a platesetter, $699! Best fest price I've ever seen for that package. Everything's sold out though, except the XXL for $2K+.

Hope you have a great turnout this year... and post some pics! =)
    No, no! I didn't mean to sound like you were! And I will post some pics. Should be a fun event.
  • OneNole03
    OneNole03 Posts: 93
    Options
    I got my demo xl from this fest last year. I only made it to a couple fests last year but I thought that this one was great and well ran. They had some convention space for the vendors which was nice to go in the ac for a break as it was in the 90s last year. 

I hope to be going again this year. 
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Went last year - it was great.  Ceramic Grill Store was there with all their wares.    They were selling the MM for $399.  
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• saratoga2323
    Options
    This is our 3rd year at this site and it is perfect!  The inside convention a/c area is great when you want to get out of the heat and cool off.  The inside has all of the Egg merchandise set up and several vendors, like Yeti are inside. There is also plenty of room to walk around outside in the actual fest area and they have a nice area to sit down and watch the cooking demos.   The food is off the charts with excellent bites all day long starting at 9 am :)  I believe BBQ Craft cooked a whole hog last year, can't beat that.  We can't wait to see what they are going to do this year. We travel up from Miami and love the location and the resort.  We also went twice to the fest when Bubba Tim and Little Chef ran it, I think it just got to big for the space.  Bubba Tim and Little Chef always did a great job, they basically planned a wedding every year for us, and their time was greatly appreciated by all. 
    XL - LG - 2 Mini Max
    Miami Fl.
  • SurfingEgg321
    Options
    I'm hoping some of the vendors have a good deal. Im looking for the pizza porta guy, and kick-ash people! lol fingers crossed
  • nissan97240
    Options
    I can't wait of this fest I have an XL ordered and can't wait to pick up and start cooking on it.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Great fest in 2015 and 2016. I'll be there this year.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SurfingEgg321
    Options
    Bump because it's a week from today!
  • SurfingEgg321
    Options
    I've heard that wassis has sold a handful of XXL BGEs. Looking like there will be a full pig and a cowboy cut crown! Should be impressive!
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I've heard that wassis has sold a handful of XXL BGEs. Looking like there will be a full pig and a cowboy cut crown! Should be impressive!
    Four actually. I'll be cooking some BIG stuff on those bad boys! Make sure to stop by and check it out!
  • thetrim
    Options
    Ruptured Achilles.  Won't be going this year. Enjoy.  You'll be sorely missed in more ways than one.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ewyllins
    Options
    Will there be any deals on MM or Minis? Been wanting either one just figured I wait till the eggfest.
    O-Town, FL

• thetrim
    Options
    They sell the MM for $399.  That's a helluva deal and one of the best I know of.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Carolina Q
    edited April 2017
    Options
    According to this, they don't offer a fest deal on the MM. And what they DO offer is sold out. They give a number to call though. Apparently more on the way. @ewyllins, you can't wait for a fest and just show up. You need to buy a demo egg in advance before they run out.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ewyllins
    Options
    According to this, they don't offer a fest deal on the MM. And what they DO offer is sold out. They give a number to call though. Apparently more on the way. @ewyllins, you can't wait for a fest and just show up. You need to buy a demo egg in advance before they run out.
    Totally get that, I just didnt know if there would be vendors like Wassis selling eggs on the side or if there would be some used smaller ones. This is my first fest and cant wait to get some great tips from you guys!!
    O-Town, FL

• Carolina Q
    Options
    @ewyllins, I suggest you call Wassi now. See what they can do. If that $399 price @thetrim mentioned is for real, it's a steal. But it's not mentioned on the fest web page. Wassi's is not a vendor selling stuff at a fest, They are THE vendor sponsoring this fest. No one else there will be selling eggs, just Wassi demo stuff.

Call. The sooner the better.

Also, there's the Georgia Mountain fest coming up in mid May. http://mountainegg.com/demo-eggs/

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thetrim
    Options
    Give them a call.   I believe they offer the MM for the $399 price.    Great people there.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SurfingEgg321
    Options
    Four actually. I'll be cooking some BIG stuff on those bad boys! Make sure to stop by and check it out!
    Awesome! Can't wait to see it and meet you guys!
  • OneNole03
    OneNole03 Posts: 93
    Options
    Last year they had roughly 50 mm for $399. They went fast though. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    That's their everyday price on a MM.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I'll be there. Just ordered my tasters tickets.

Driving down Saturday morning early. Plan is to get there in time to get a MiniMax. Wish me luck.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    Im here at the Raddison right now. They are setting up as I type this. Hey @SaintJohnsEgger, Ill see you and the rest of you tomorrow!
    St. Johns County, Florida