Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PreCooked Ham Prep

Options
What's the good word on simply heating a precooked ham?     I'm wavering between a very low/slow heating or simple indirect at maybe 300 for several hours.    
I want to avoid 'charring' the top, so is a tin-foil cap OK?
I'll use an OJ / Honey / Mustard glaze.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Either temp will work fine. If you cook lower and slower it will have more time to soak up smoke. You could split the difference and cook at 275.  I haven't had any issue with the top charting at temps up to 350 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    However you get there-just pull at 140*F for the finish temp.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    AH!   I'd forgotten about temp!    Good call.
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Lower temp and longer time allows for an extra couple of coats of your glaze. About the only benefit one way or the other. 
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    I have a spiral cut going on my smoker Sunday - 275 pit temp to a 140 IT. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS