Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC Sale

Options
So I subscribe to SlickDeals.net and got an alert yesterday that RTIC was on sale up to 33% off.  Hmmm maybe I need a 20 qt finally.  Looked on my phone it was $88 bucks how could I pass that up. 

Fast forward to long day and I went to buy this AM... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Sold out.  

However I kept hitting site every so often and I was able to grab a tan one just now... WIN!!!!!  Got an immediate order acknowledgment and then 2 min later a shipping confirmation.

sure is a far cry from last summer when they were 4-6 months till shipped.
XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• TXSamIam
    TXSamIam Posts: 32
    Options
    I saw this as well and have thought about pulling the trigger.  I do not however like their new warranty.  Products now only carry a 30 day warranty which for a cooler is ridiculous.  The last cooler I bought  I didn't even use it for 60 days after purchase.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You got a nice deal!  Enjoy that 20 brother. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    im not sure if the 30 day warranty just applies to the selloff of the old design, the site does not look to be fully updated, maybe call if concerned
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,113
    Options
    TXSamIam said:
    I saw this as well and have thought about pulling the trigger.  I do not however like their new warranty.  Products now only carry a 30 day warranty which for a cooler is ridiculous.  The last cooler I bought  I didn't even use it for 60 days after purchase.
    You know I didnt look into it before the buy but since you brought it up I looked.  From what I can tell there really isnt a warranty policy per se.... it their return policy thats 30 days.

Their warranty page redirects to their return page
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

everything showing sold out, too bad
    Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    I can understand why they may not be making a clear warranty statement on their current products since they won't be allowed to sell those once current stock is depleted.

Once they formally list their new designs i'm guessing their warranty terms will be made clear. Maybe.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    blasting said:

I just ordered the 20 Tan hard cooler. Has to click the color from white to tan to see it available as well as some other crap. Divider, basket for my 65 and 45.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Thanks, I shouldn't have said everything.  I meant all colors in the 45 and 65.  I've already got the little fella.

Phoenix 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Tan 20 still available under the Clearance tab....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Tan 20 still available under the Clearance tab....
    That tan 20 is very tempting at that price.

Must resist.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TXSamIam
    TXSamIam Posts: 32
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    blasting said:

I just ordered the 20 Tan hard cooler. Has to click the color from white to tan to see it available as well as some other crap. Divider, basket for my 65 and 45.

I have a basket for a 65 that I will give someone if they want to pay shipping.  I ordered a 65 and a basket last year.  The basket came and then they kept pushing delivery of the 65 back, after a 6 month wait and no cooler I canceled the order but never returned the basket.
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Just grabbed the 20 cooler, 2 bottles and a lid, thanks for the heads up!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Picked up a 20 in tan and another basket for my 45, scumbag score  =)
    Jacksonville FL
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    @TXSamIam dang just ordered a basket with 20 before I saw your post.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    They have to clear out all old inventory, I think by the end of the month. They have new designs coming out. That is probably why they shortened or dropped the warranty. I don't see a big difference in the look of the new coolers.
    Old Style Coolers (left) vs New Style Coolers (right)

" RTIC is excited about the new & improved designs. The New coolers have 2 drain plugs. The 2nd drain plug is bigger than the other allowing for faster draining. The style line changed to a rounded rectangle, giving the cooler a more sleek design. The the bear locks have an improved protective design. Also the area below the handle was removed making opening / lifting the lid easier. The prices will remain the same staying true to our promise to deliver Over Built Products - Not Over Priced."
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    My brother, you have to consider that when they first started selling coolers they were swamped with hundreds of thousands of orders month after month. Now that most of us have four or five of their coolers, they can keep up with demand. 
    When RTIC first hit the market, just about everone who already owned a rotomolded cooler (no matter the brand) bought a RTIC to compare it too. And almost all of the folks who never had purchased a rotomolded due to the high prices jumped on the RTIC deal as well. 
    All that said and aside, the RTIC machine just keeps on rolling. The 2 drain plugs is a great feature in my book. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    Thanks. Picked up a 20 Tan for $83

XL BGE
    MD
  • xfire_ATX
    Options
    SGH said:
    xfire_ATX said:
    My brother, you have to consider that when they first started selling coolers they were swamped with hundreds of thousands of orders month after month. Now that most of us have four or five of their coolers, they can keep up with demand. 
    When RTIC first hit the market, just about everone who already owned a rotomolded cooler (no matter the brand) bought a RTIC to compare it too. And almost all of the folks who never had purchased a rotomolded due to the high prices jumped on the RTIC deal as well. 
    All that said and aside, the RTIC machine just keeps on rolling. The 2 drain plugs is a great feature in my book. 
    I know their demand was crazy a year ago.  But along the way I got gifted a yeti 65 and just got the tan 20 for dirt cheap.  Just couldn't believe how quick to ship 

• Photo Egg
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    SGH said:
    xfire_ATX said:
    I know their demand was crazy a year ago.  But along the way I got gifted a yeti 65 and just got the tan 20 for dirt cheap.  Just couldn't believe how quick to ship 
    Has not shipped. Still in their warehouse.
    They enter and print their own labels. Not saying it will not ship soon and fast, but right now it is still in their warehouse.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    Soft pack 40 & a few bottles ordered...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Man, I missed it again!!!   I want a blue 45......  ugh.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • xfire_ATX
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    They enter and print their own labels. Not saying it will not ship soon and fast, but right now it is still in their warehouse.
    Now I know I only live ~170 miles from the Houston general area but my latest update is "On Vehicle for Delivery Today"

• Photo Egg
    edited April 2017
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Now I know I only live ~170 miles from the Houston general area but my latest update is "On Vehicle for Delivery Today"
    As soon as you see tracking movement your good...I got my 20qt today...
    Not the other stuff, but the cooler.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • xfire_ATX
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    As soon as you see tracking movement your good...I got my 20qt today...
    Not the other stuff, but the cooler.
    Mine arrived late yesterday- Multiple sporting events for kids to give it a try at this weekend.

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    I pulled the trigger on the 20. Went back on line 20 minutes later to get one for a buddy and they were out. It showed up today. Ready to be fillled with beer for hanging out after Trap league tonight.

• Toxarch
    Options
    A buddy said all the current ones on sale have zero warranty on them. I suspect that's because they are getting rid of all old stock by the end of the month.

He and a friend of his had trouble even getting them to honor the 30 warranty for manufacturing defects (with the kids on both) and the replacement he got was barely better than the one he sent back. So buyer beware. The prices are great, the warranty nonexistent. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    A buddy said all the current ones on sale have zero warranty on them. I suspect that's because they are getting rid of all old stock by the end of the month.

He and a friend of his had trouble even getting them to honor the 30 warranty for manufacturing defects (with the kids on both) and the replacement he got was barely better than the one he sent back. So buyer beware. The prices are great, the warranty nonexistent. 
    What were the defects?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Toxarch
    Options
    With my friend's, there was some problem with the hinge where it wouldn't open past 60 degrees or so. So it was a pain to get into the cooler and to load the cooler since the lid would not stay open. The replacement opens to almost 90 degrees, but any breeze or unflat ground and it shuts. He said it's better, but not like his other RTICs. 

The other guy had a lid that would not close. The shape of the top and bottom didn't line up. It was a good inch from closing to make a seal so obviously it wouldn't hold ice very long at all.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

• pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    If anyone in SE PA is looking fir a 65qt cooler.
    Home Depot in Wyomissing,  Lancaster and Parkesburg have Pelican's for $209. 
    If I hadn't already grabbed an RTIC I'd be all over one of them. Lifetime warranty. 
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset