Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The mothership

I'm heading out to Atlanta this afternoon to catch the first Braves game in the new ball park, staying over night and thought about going to see BGE head quarters tomorrow. Anyone have the hours their on Saturday? What can I expect?

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

"And now we know.....and knowing is half the battle"- G.I. Joe

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I have only seen pictures but honestly it looks pretty underwhelming to me. Not to be a downer or anything but if I would rather go to Roswell Hardware if you need anything egg related. They also carry 3rd party items like CGS stuff. Roswell is a awesome place to walk around and have lunch. The mothership is in a pretty boring industrial area. 

That being said I might as well be helpful too :)...

Corporate Headquarters, Culinary Academy and Special Events Center:
    3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway
    Atlanta, GA 30340 (click here for map)
    Retail Center Hours: Monday through Saturday, 9:30am to 5:30pm

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    i have never been to Roswell but from what I see online, it is nicer than the egg HQ.  the Egg HQ is nothing to write home about and there is nothing there you cant get at any dealer near you.  next time we are in the area we will make a special trip to Roswell instead of the egg store.  also check traffic updates when you are there with the I-85 collapsing things are going to be a lot worse than normal.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• volminimax
    volminimax Posts: 119
    My hope is to go by both. I will be with my wife, who will undoubtedly want to get back to TN to see our son as soon as possible. Maybe I can get to Roswell Hardware before the Mothership since they don't open til 9:30 and Roswell opens at 7. I'll be making my way from 75/285 split over to 85 where the mothership is. Our stores around where I am, are just ok, so I want to see if I can get a few things I can't get here. 

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That sounds like a good plan. I would definitely do RH first. Your wife might confiscate your wallet after you leave there though.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I would go to Joey D's Oakroom for lunch and have the open face Rubin. Get there early before they run out. Enjoy the city....hope the I-85 fire does not impact significantly your trip.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • I'm heading out to Atlanta this afternoon to catch the first Braves game in the new ball park, staying over night and thought about going to see BGE head quarters tomorrow. Anyone have the hours their on Saturday? What can I expect?
    Do they still fly a plane over the stadium during the game pulling an advertising banner? I remember one time it said you could get in free to the Gold Club with your Braves ticket stub. I can't say if that was the reason, but the place was packed that night. Uh, uh, I mean, the parking lot was full of cars when we passed by. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    There's a really shady bar near the stadium called 'Doc's'. It's the only place that still let people smoke inside due to some grandfather law.  Ignoring the decor & smoke, they've got the best Wings in Smyrna.  

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited March 2017
    I used to live in the apartments next to Docs when I was in college years ago. Had a good time there for sure. 
  • DoubleEgger
    This is one of the best BBQ joints in Atlanta. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    If I ever make it back to Hotlanta I will mostly certainly will stop by the Mothership. Maybe I won't buy anything but to me it would be a MUST STOP pilgrimage anyway! As I recall there is a display of eggs showing how they progressed under founder Ed Fisher's development. Hey - don't laugh - I appreciate what Mr Fisher developed and "you" should too.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Image result for ed fisher
    If I ever make it back to Hotlanta I will mostly certainly will stop by the Mothership. Maybe I won't buy anything but to me it would be a MUST STOP pilgrimage anyway! As I recall there is a display of eggs showing how they progressed under founder Ed Fisher's development. Hey - don't laugh - I appreciate what Mr Fisher developed and "you" should too.
    Ron, my wife and I were at the mothership last week. We were in the Atlanta area visiting my son so we had to make the pilgrimage. Here are pics of the display you mentioned. While there I picked up the new bands for my large egg.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I've stopped by the Mothership at the previous place and now at their new headquarters.  If you're in the area why not?  I enjoyed both of my stops.  Most of the dealers around here are very limited on accessories if they have any at all.  I'm not embarrassed, I'll admit I'm a BGE fanboy.  I enjoy picking up a shirt, pint glass, odd accessories that I can't get local, and other stuff while there.  I look forward to it while we're on vacation.  To each their own.  But like I said earlier, if you're in the area, why the hell not?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    YEMTrey said:
    I've stopped by the Mothership at the previous place and now at their new headquarters.  If you're in the area why not?  I enjoyed both of my stops.  Most of the dealers around here are very limited on accessories if they have any at all.  I'm not embarrassed, I'll admit I'm a BGE fanboy.  I enjoy picking up a shirt, pint glass, odd accessories that I can't get local, and other stuff while there.  I look forward to it while we're on vacation.  To each their own.  But like I said earlier, if you're in the area, why the hell not?
    And a nice Vette dealership is next door...
  • volminimax
    volminimax Posts: 119
    Guys I'll admit I had an awesome trip. Braves new stadium is amazing. Turner field isn't even in the same league with Suntrust Park. I ended up checking out both headquarters and Roswell Hardware. Blown away by Roswell. They have everything. I ended up with some seasonings, and smokeware grate stacker, and two bags of coal (sugar maple and fogo). I went to headquarters just to say I've been, and wanted some nick nacks you can't get at regular stores. Got a couple signs, bottle of seasonings, couple of cups and a shot glass, and some stickers and sun glasses even. I hated fighting traffic, but the trip was worth it. Next time I'm at the stadium, I'll be heading back over to Roswell for more stuff.

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

• YEMTrey
    Hopefully they still have that street sign available when I come through there in a couple of months. 
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Watched a televised Braves game of their new home field.  Quite impressive.  USB ports everywhere. Cup chillers, etc. 
    Steve 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    edited April 2017
    Mothership is over-rated. Go to Roswell if you want to shop and buy something specific. Otherwise, Roswell is a lot of rubs and Yeti's on old metal grocery shelves.  Go to the Mothership to check it off the bucket list or want to buy a BGE shirt/tee, etc. 
    New Albany, Ohio