Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lazy Man Ribs

Options
Two racks of baby back ribs with dry rub in the oven for about 45 minutes.   Then transfer to the Egg.  Add sauce if you like near the end of the cook.  They aren't as good as a traditional cook if you want to know the truth.  However, they are pretty tasty for a Thursday night cook in a pinch. 

Comments

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Before I got my Egg, I would boil them for 45 mins. then transfer them to the webber.  We "thought" they were good.  Well they actually were, but not as good on the egg start to finish. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I still think one of the best "fall off the bone" ways is braising them in a metal bin for 4 hours then saucing and carmalizing on the grill. If not doing traditional that's the way I go. Easy and consistent. 

Call it blasphemy if you must. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    They look good, but what was the point of starting in the oven?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    They look good, but what was the point of starting in the oven?
    They look good, but you could have done them turbo on the egg and gotten the same outcome.  Cook them at 275 to 300 and should be done I 2 to 3 hours.  If you want fall off the bone put them in some foul for and hour after an hour and a half. Looks good and what ever works is fine by me though.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • reload
    reload Posts: 267
    Options
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
     reload said:
    Finished product. 
    They look good.  If you want the pictures to without having to open them, select the box that looks like mountains and a sun.  They will post better. Didn't know if you knew that or not.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I tried some in the instant pot the other night and finished on the grill. They were quite good and fall off the bone tender

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    not sure if you call them lazy man ribs, but 18 hour sous vide and then on the egg for less than an hour of smoke and saucing sure is a great way to nail them every time!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.