Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Electric pressure washers

Options
2»

Comments

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Thanks @Eggdicted_Dawgfan that's a good idea.   Currently I just use an electric leaf blower (so as not to put contaminates in paint to dry it). Also use a filter system on the hose. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    By far the most common pressure washer injuries are everything but electrocution.
    Welcome back! Where the hell ya been? Surely MG didn't do that much damage to seasoned kidneys like yours!  =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    That is what I do as well only I use a gas blower because it's all I have. The deionizer is worth every penny if you own a black vehicle. 
    Snellville, GA

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    I've gone through 4 electric units over the years. My worst were under the great brand name of Coleman. Bought it and took it back for replacement - DUMB! Should have just gotten my money back. Replacement lasted me 2 months and warranty had run out so I kicked that POS to the curb!

I think as a homeowner which a couple posters have already touched on is high powered washers are not needed nor even wise for most all of us. They can damage wood, siding and most everything else! Let alone feet! yup...FEET! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Thanks @DoubleEgger I didn't think about that.  

@blasting I'm sure that are not well made in comparison   
    One skinned cord and it's over...
    Damn Michael.  You need to ease up.  Electrocution?  Statistics you have?  Hair dryers must be disallowed? ;).  Mine is gas powered.  Electric is entirely reasonable.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    If you go electric, I recommend a Marcher. I also own a North star with Honda Gx engine from Northern. Be leery of one with a Honda GC engine.GX is more durable
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    Marcher , no Marcher sorry fat fingers
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    Never heard of Marcher, but had a couple electric Karcher brand pressure washers.  I upgraded to an electric start gas model branded by Subaru from Costco for $285 and will never go electric again.  I caused more damage around the house with the electric one trying to get too close to things to get them clean.  With the gas model, you respect the power better and keep a better distance.  

IMO, the electric start gas is way easier for the wife because you don't have to worry about the extra electric cord and it is way more portable and durable.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited March 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    ryantt said:

Damn Michael.  You need to ease up.  Electrocution?  Statistics you have?  Hair dryers must be disallowed? ;).  Mine is gas powered.  Electric is entirely reasonable.
    I guess you never had to sit through safety classes at work watching people getting electrocuted. I remember watching a women get killed using a shop vac after washing her car. 

Sh!t can and does happen. I have a friend who was electrocuted by 12.47kV that was locked and tagged out. You can't assume all safety mechanisms are operable.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    ryantt said:

I guess you never had to sit through safety classes at work watching people getting electrocuted. I remember watching a women get killed using a shop vac after washing her car. 

Sh!t can and does happen. I have a friend who was electrocuted by 12.47kV that was locked and tagged out. You can't assume all safety mechanisms are operable.
    Only laser safety classes.  I'll throw out the shop vac now.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    It may be possible that the GFI will fail and electrocution follows.  It is also possible that the gas powered washer explodes and kills you.  Or maybe the gas stored in the garage for the gas powered washer leaks and then explodes and your house burns down and your family is killed.  Bad things could happen from either.  Real question is what are actual risks, not just the possibilities. So which is actually more dangerous?
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    ryantt said:

Only laser safety classes.  I'll throw out the shop vac now.
    Wise man!

We all should probably should get rid of all corded electric devices.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I've turned into a total Luddite after reading this thread.  The last two punch list items are to git rid of my 'puter and turn off the electrocutin' 'lectricity.  This will be my last post ever, because of all the fear I now have (might read something funny and spit beer on my 'puter and lectrocute myself with 18v of DC). 

Fare well, technological giants.   FIN
    Options
    I like having both. I have a gas for most of my stuff. My buddy has an electric we use for washing cars, cleaning the boat, washing blood out of the garage...

I stopped reading and called the police.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt

Snitch

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    MY OPINION
    you can get the same result with the correct nozzle on your garden hose
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    I have an electric one, got it at Home Depot. If I had to do it all over again - Costco is the place - with the Warr. I find the Elec to be good enough for my needs, similar to your plans - simple around the house jobs and you don't have to worry about the gas going bad when it sits for months. my 2 Cents
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Great buy on the Sun Joe at the moment, for under $130 it is almost disposable. I have one of their pole saws and it is both well made and reliable. Have no direct experience with their washers. I do know an electric will power the Karcher T-Racer deck cleaner, as long as you don't let it run too long. 
    I was considering getting one of the SunJoe units to use for cleaning the patio furniture, washing the cars/bikes and other smaller tasks rather than hauling out the gas unit. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @Skiddymarker I ageee at the price point it is a disposable item.....
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Small Chinese engines aren't known for their longevity. But if it scratches where you itch then go for it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA