Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

North Florida Big Green Egg Fest video

Here is a short video I made. Go easy on me, its my first time making and uploading a video to youtube. You might spot @NPHuskerFL and @SaintJohnsEgger . I had a really good time. Food was awesome and a big thank you to James from pinch-a-penny for putting this together. Without further ado....

https://youtu.be/fswa3JRsb1Q

St. Johns County, Florida

Comments

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    edited March 2017
    Great job @MaC122

It was a good time but I wish I could get the recipe to some of the stuff we sampled.  I want to  make the Jalapeno cornbread, the reverse cuban (got that thanks to @WeberWho) and the pork chimichanga.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @MaC122 - Most eggcellent effort and result.  Looks like a great time across the board.   Definitely some top-shelf groceries right there.   Thanks for posting.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thats @NPHuskerFL at the 17 second mark.

That's @SaintJohnsEgger at at the 21 second mark.
    MiniMax 04/17

• Corvus
    Corvus Posts: 30
    Thanks for posting, I am looking forward to the Egg Fest in Omaha, May 6. I hope there's a big turnout.
    Blessed are the flexible for they shall not get bent out of shape.

LBGE, Weber Genesis II, Weber Performer, 2-WSM, PKGrill, 22" Blackstone, KettlePizza, Joule, ChefAlarm, Smoke, 2-ThermaPens.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    It used to be that people posted videos or tons of pics of every fest. Multiple threads for every one. On the old forum anyway, not so much here. Now, you have to look long and hard for anything on either site. Couple of pics here and there, but that's about it. Nicely done, @MaC122! Thank you!

Oh, and whoever baked that apple (I assume) pie at the end... WOW! That looked awesome!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Thanks @MaC122 great video. Your phone gadget thing was awesome...think you've sold me on it. :plus_one:
    It was wonderful meeting some local eggheads. Hopefully with a tuned up menu & better time management I'll be able, along with my team, to meet more of the participants. Those were our sausages, tacos and Andouille in your clip. 
    What no coverage on the bandage job? :wink:
    I appreciate that my friend. Rookie err and with that bandage and my gloves i was able to keep on keeping on. 
    My boss ended up purchasing a LBGE toward the end when we were wrapping up. Scott from A- Frame Datil Pepper Sauce will likely get his soon enough also. Good times. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    Great video. Looks like a fun fest. 

And datil pepper sauce is the key "ingredient" to the wing sauce that won the wing cookoff in Salado. I was hoping to keep it a secret.  You folks from St. Augustine need to keep quiet about it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Thanks @MaC122 great video. Your phone gadget thing was awesome...think you've sold me on it.
    Its called the DJI osmo mobile. You can get it at the apple store for $299.00. Thing shoot pretty smooth. Hope you dont lose your finger...haha! I had fun as well!
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing the video with us. 
  • Awesome video @MaC122 - Thanks for shooting everything.  Also, thanks for all of your help setting up.  It was a fun eggfest and hope James gets another one in the works for next year!
    Jacksonville, Florida - Large BGE & Large Yellow Lab...Just the three of us!
  • Hey @Carlyn2828

It was good seeing you and the team. I am putting my SmokeWare cap to the test todays; first time cooking in the rain.

Thanks @MaC122: I didn't think I was ready to cook since this was my first Eggfest before but I never thought of volunteering for setup.

My plan is to work on my game and some recipes and cook next year.

MiniMax 04/17

• @SaintJohnsEgger - It was great meeting you!  Good luck with the Caps.  They work wonders in the rain.  Yeah, we didn't really show up to compete, just to meet everyone.  Next time we will be a little bit more prepared.  More food!
    Jacksonville, Florida - Large BGE & Large Yellow Lab...Just the three of us!
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,726
    Loved the video, thanks!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Thank you! I'm sorry I missed it... hopefully I can make it next year! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Nothing bad about that video in the least!  Good music, good lookin' food, ugly men ;).  Good thing it's almost lunch, 'cuz I'm hungry now!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited March 2017
    Thank you! I'm sorry I missed it... hopefully I can make it next year! 
    I told the whole team to look for you. Guess that explains why we didn't see you with camera in tote. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Thank you! I'm sorry I missed it... hopefully I can make it next year! 
    I told the whole team to look for you. Guess that explains why we didn't see you with camera in tote. 
    Sorry, I wanted to be there.  I was stalking all of the photos on FB and IG from Hong Kong. It looks like it was a huge success so I assume there will be a next year! :smile: 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Looks like a great time!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf