Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Idiot Alert!

Options
I posted this yesterday on the Big Green Eggers Facebook page yesterday. Part of my self imposed punishment for being a dope is to share my dumb move in order to help others not to make the same mistake I made. :s
IDIOT ALERT!!! I made a bonehead mistake tonight that I will never live down. Now before I tell you what a stupid mistake I made I need give you a little of my background. I have been "Egging" since 2004, I have 2 large and a small egg. I have made everything from smoked cheese, jerky, smoked sausages, brisket, pulled pork, pizza and many high temp cooks. The fact the I screwed up a pork chop cook bewilders me. I did major yard work today so to save some time I lit my egg and went to take a shower. When I came out the fire in the egg had gone out. I thought what the hell and relit the lump. I checked my Smokeware cap and bottom damper and went inside. 20 minutes later I check on the egg and again no joy on the fire. Now like I said I did major yard work and I admit I was dead tired. I'm looking at my egg and I'm saying to myself WTF is going on. As I'm standing there a light bulb goes off in my head and I start hysterical laughing at what I did. I never removed my Smokeware flat cap that snuffs out the fire. So no chimney venting equals no fire. Lesson learned when tired go through the check list. So for all you Eggers out there, new or old timers you can make stupid mistakes.
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments