Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak pseudo Oscar and Potatoes

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Was planning to do steak Oscar with the scratch bearnaise and all.  Needed to recover from yesterday's mediocrity.  Worked around the house a lot today and just didn't have the mo to put the sauce together, and Nichole didn't want it on top of it all.  So I pulled out some roasted garlic and thyme butter I made a while back and reheated the lump crabmeat in that.  A good call!  CI seared filet mignon topped with buttery lump crab accompanied by roasted rosemary planks dressed with ranch dressing and roasted sperigus.  This was good.  Thanks for looking.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Béarnaise would have been good but this looks tasty!

Options
    Strong work!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    Great looking cook n meal, but ain't real sure about those green stick things.    :o

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Heck yeah... all looks good
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks awesome!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice. Funny how we have to "come back" from a fail. I was grilling asparagus the other night and dropped several through the grate - em... - smoke flavor?
    you did well brother Brent.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    That definitely does not suck.  Nice job.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • bgebrent
    Options
    That definitely does not suck.  Nice job.
    Thanks brother!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Working those crab hard I see. Looking good again tonight.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Looks delicious! Happy Saturday! I took some pix of dinner tonight - I'm trying to get my act together to post and contribute.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Looks delicious! Happy Saturday! I took some pix of dinner tonight - I'm trying to get my act together to post and contribute.
    Please do bro!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    If you weee looking for a redemption story for the wood sticks...you found it. Looks great. Glad you found a home for the rest of that crab. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    blind99 said:
    Please do bro!
    Seriously, though, crabmeat stuffed mushroom caps needs to be perfected. Maybe add some bacon? Or something spicy?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    bgebrent said:
    blind99 said:
    Please do bro!
    Seriously, though, crabmeat stuffed mushroom caps needs to be perfected. Maybe add some bacon? Or something spicy?
    Yeah.  Whatever it is will just overshadow the crab.  Chorizo came to mind.  But the pizza ingredient stuffed mushrooms I've done still gonna win out.
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Lack of MO is the mother of Invention!! Nice Cook!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Nicely done!
    LBGE
    AL