Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You Know that Warmer Weather is Around the Corner When...

Options
you see the first arrival of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.  I missed this stuff.

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    My brother in law gives me grief in the summer when I have one of these while grilling on a hot evening. Says it's for girls. 

If I have to cash in my man card for a few summer shandys, that is a trade I will willingly make. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I would try it
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    It is tasty, as is Shinerbock Ruby Redbird !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    My brother in law gives me grief in the summer when I have one of these while grilling on a hot evening. Says it's for girls. 

If I have to cash in my man card for a few summer shandys, that is a trade I will willingly make. 
    Your BIL is a fool! It's a great lawnmowing/beach beer
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Your BIL is a fool! It's a great lawnmowing/beach beer
    I agree!  It's a good reason I enjoy a cup holder on my lawn tractor!
    Flint, Michigan
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    My grandfather was drinking Twist Shandy back in the good old days when I was a kid.  I remember drinking from his bottle.  Too bad they don't sell it anymore.

Options
    Awesome last summer i bought a 1/6 barrel, it didnt last long. Their grapefruit shandy is good too
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Not a huge fan. Although last summer a buddy introduced me to a summer moon. Half that and half blue moon. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Still have yet to try the summer shandy. Sam Adams summer ale is always in the fridge come warm weather here though. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

I picked up a can of this stuff last summer.  I didn't have my reading glasses with me and thought those were oranges, thought I'd give it a try (I'm normally not a fan of fruity beers).  I never would've picked it up had I known it was grapefruit.
    Turned out to be the most refreshing "done-mowed-the-lawn" beer ever made, I try to keep some in the frig during the summer ever since.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Sounds like something to try.  I gotta ask you one thing.  Why do you wait for your beer until you're done mowing the lawn?
    Flint, Michigan
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sounds like something to try.  I gotta ask you one thing.  Why do you wait for your beer until you're done mowing the lawn?
    Doesn't your mower have a beer can holder?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Yep SA Summer is solid.
    I'd take a Sunset Wheat with orange over Summer Shandy any day all day.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options

I don't know if I'd say it's for girls, but I found it to be pretty bad.  But, I generally despise flavored beers and this one is flavored to the extreme.

The notable exception is the Sculpin Grapefruit Sculpin IPA.  The grapefruit is subtle and in the background of this excellent IPA.  But, it's not a gulper for sure.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    That is a refreshing beer. Love it. Haven't seen it down south just yet....but will keep my eyes out for it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • BrisketBob
    BrisketBob Posts: 145
    Options
    Drank my first shandy in England.  Been drinking it in the summer ever since.
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Leinenkugel makes it in a bunch of flavors -- I bought a variety box last summer that included grapefruit, ginger and watermelon.  All were very refreshing in the heat.  No one noticed whether I peed standing up or sitting down and eff em if they cared!  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Drank my first shandy in England.  Been drinking it in the summer ever since.
    In the old days shandy was a kids drink here, low enough alcohol that anyone could buy it.
  • Zaltydog
    Zaltydog Posts: 106
    Options
    When the State police helicopter restarts their nightly city wide surveillance.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited March 2017
    Options
    British couple living beside us in the '70's introduced us to a shandy, it was equal parts ginger ale and beer. personally, I liked ginger beer better. What is the flavour of the Summer Shandy You were so anxiously awaiting?

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Ummm, lemon.  Try to keep up Skiddy.

Flint, Michigan
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Beer, one of the greatest beverages on the planet, maybe the universe

I am not a fan of the ipa beer, too bitter for me but these fruit beers are good

But in summertime its natty light and tecate light...