Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let's go racing, boys!

Options
2»

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I used to watch or at least listen to every race back when Bill Elliott won enough races that NASCAR came out with the restrictor plate.  Kinda got boring then but after Matt Kenseth won the championship without winning a race that year and they started the Chase **** it isn't racing any more.  I prolly haven't watched a race in 3-4yrs.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I watched a little yesterday to see what was going on. Couple of my buddies work at RCR up the road so I was interested in their cars.

I used to watch the 500, but after 4 mins I couldn't stand anymore. That was with me Googling what these stages were. 

Not sure where they went wrong, but many folks just don't care for it anymore. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I'll throw this out there to any one in the southeast. If y'all want to see real racing, we try to attend 5-10 dirt track/ drag/ road races a year. We camp at the tracks for weekend. Usually bring an egg too. Y'all are welcome to join us. #nascariscrap. 
    This. When I lived in western NC, there was a dirt track right around the corner from my house. Between this, WRC, WEC, F1, and LMP2/DPi, NASCAR is worse than watching paint dry. Only thing that would make it better is returning to its roots of running moonshine and being chased by cops.
    I still watch F1 most weekends of the season, but it has got pretty dull and I find myself doing other stuff while the race is on. I can see why NASCAR is dull as a TV spectacle unless you are a true fan.

WRC and motorcycle road racing are great to watch. The TT is my favourite, I watch at least highlights of every race over TT week and it is always top quality racing.
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    I hardly ever watch NASCAR, but I am a fan of going fast. I have done the Richard Petty driving school and a local one at MIS. Both were a blast. When I went to the Petty one, my wife also got me a ride along with one of their drivers. In the corners the ass end was skipping. 
    Also got a hot lap with Trevor Bayne on the Ford test track. That was a 60 second blast. Last turn was a long sweeping turn. He drifted it and spun at the end. What a riot. 
    Wife bought me a drive this year in a  Lamborghini Ferrari and Porsche. Should be a good time. 
    If you have anything near you, you need to at least do a ride along, about $100. 
  • 2beast
    2beast Posts: 50
    Options
    We used to watch.
    Now the cars are all the same.
    Any competitive edge a team comes up with is taken away.

New this year, participation trophies during the race.

Just not racing any more ........
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Sums up every post race interview...

https://youtu.be/R5-lwTqiPiI
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site