Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time Ribber and suggestions

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I’ve always been a little intimidated by ribs I don’t know why but tonight is the night to get over it. I found a market that sells true Baby Back Rib, very small and should be tender. How hot and how long and any other suggestions you might have.[p]Eggyou all Very much…. Diesel One

Comments

• Ronbo
    Ronbo Posts: 90
    Options
    Diesel One,
    Check out this great site. Pretty much step by step [p]

[ul][li]Ribs[/ul]
  • Newbs
    Newbs Posts: 188
    Options
    Diesel One,[p]I've done ribs several times and the method I've used, while great, has been inconsistent with respect to tenderness. Even within the same cook. No failures but areas of temperature variance on the grid and different thickness in the slabs of ribs have produced differing levels of "fall off the bone" tenderness. I've enjoyed them all. I use the 3-1-1 method. 3 hours indirect at 230-250 dome in a rib rack. 1 hour still indirect and wrapped in foil with a couple of ounces of apple cider and apple cider vinegar (5:1 ratio) in the pouch placed on the grill with the meat side down. Remove the plate setter, or whatever you use to do an indirect cook. Remove the meat from the foil pouches and go 1 more hour direct brushed with whatever sauce you like.
    I will be trying to do an indirect cook for a longer time...5-8 hours with no foiling to see if I can get decent results. The great thing about these experiments is that even if one method isn't as good as another....the "mistakes" are still pretty darn tasty.[p]Have fun....[p]John