Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I couldn't resist any longer...

Options

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Well done you will not regret it!!
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    My empty wallet is the only thing that keeps me resisting.

Maybe by my birthday in May I'll have some money and they will be at a good price.

Congrats on getting yours.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Nice, should be great for kathi roll prep?
    canuckland
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Strong work.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Oh yeah! 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Bout time!  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Cool! I bought the 17" about 2 months ago. Haven't even fired it up yet!! Sure wish I could use it indoors in the winter!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Jelly!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I'm stoked about this. Plan is to sand the surface then season with a sh!t ton of Crisco.

Walmart had these for the same price as the 17" ones. They want to clear out just this size for some reason.

@Canugghead - I've got all kinds of plans for this :) kathi rolls, tikki , parantha, dosa, "Hakka" chow mein,  fried rice, breakfast... The list keeps growing!

• caliking
    Options
    Actually bought one for a friend first yesterday. Only available at 1 Walmart in a 30 mile radius. Couldn't hold out any longer so went back and got one for myself .

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Atta boy!
    Welcome to the Blackstone Posse!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    edited February 2017
    Options
    caliking said:
    Actually bought one for a friend first yesterday. Only available at 1 Walmart in a 30 mile radius. Couldn't hold out any longer so went back and got one for myself .
    I have been looking all over for one of these clearance priced 28s, but they are not to be found here in North Georgia Walmarts. A local Ace Hardware has it in stock for $219. 
    Don't need one, but those smash burgers and stuff look fun to make. I'll keep hoping to run across one at a bargain price.
    I ordered one of the RTIC 45 coolers today for a friend. Think he is going to appreciate it for camping. He knows nothing about the surprise headed his way, so I am looking forward to the phone call when it arrives. This friend is 72 and is kinda thrifty so he just would not buy one for himself, kinda like I won't buy the Blackstone for me unless I run across it on WM clearance.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    We will need pictures
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome to the club.  Look forward to your cooks brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Mickey said:
    We will need pictures
    No Mickey, the friend gifted the griddle was not me. Ha Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I bought mine last month during the Wally World sale.  It's still in the box in the garage waiting for Spring and I'm stoked!   I'm taking issue with that stupid groundhog!!!!
    Congrats brother! 
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Ohhhh man I want one of these so badly. Just can't seem to pull the trigger.......yet.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I bought mine last month during the Wally World sale.  It's still in the box in the garage waiting for Spring and I'm stoked!   I'm taking issue with that stupid groundhog!!!!
    Congrats brother! 
    For the record, I use mine in the garage all the time. Smells like Waffle House in there. 
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Cool! I bought the 17" about 2 months ago. Haven't even fired it up yet!! Sure wish I could use it indoors in the winter!
    You should definitely fire it up. I just seasoned my 17" on Sunday and the top warped with a big hump in the middle. Onions were sliding to the side. 90 day warranty from receipt date. They're sending me a new top but it's on back order for a few more weeks. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Congrats brother! 
    For the record, I use mine in the garage all the time. Smells like Waffle House in there. 
    This is the guy that drinks beer in the garage while watching tv.  He lives in the garage. Make your own choices.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    What does a "waffle house" smell like?  Teen spirit?
    Options
    What does a "waffle house" smell like?  Teen spirit?
    SV zucchini?
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Options
    Got mine last week.  Looking forward to seeing some cooks for inspiration!
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @theyolksonyou yeah my garage smells like alcohol, urine, vegetable oil, grease fires and regret as well. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Resistance is futile. Welcome to the Dark Side.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Ashish, I dont think you need to sand it down. Mine (also a 28") was pretty clean, no weld spots.
    Fire it up, season and go. I would not let it rip wide open too long initially to prevent warping, and like all our Tavas, it gets seasoned the more you cook. 

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    ive put my propane bs on the propane stove and used it =) not sure why you cant use it indoors
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    Options
    Aviator said:
    Ashish, I dont think you need to sand it down. Mine (also a 28") was pretty clean, no weld spots.
    Fire it up, season and go. I would not let it rip wide open too long initially to prevent warping, and like all our Tavas, it gets seasoned the more you cook. 
    Alive and lurking? :) How have you been?

Thanks for the tip. Seems like the the 17" have been more prone to warping? I'll go easy on the heat though. i was thinking of sanding some of my cast iron pans and then reseasoning  them, so I may just do it all at the same time. Or skip if the griddle already looks pretty smooth. 

• caliking
    Options
    Ohhhh man I want one of these so badly. Just can't seem to pull the trigger.......yet.
    Just do it. Good deal at this price.

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    I have been looking all over for one of these clearance priced 28s, but they are not to be found here in North Georgia Walmarts. A local Ace Hardware has it in stock for $219. 
    Don't need one, but those smash burgers and stuff look fun to make. I'll keep hoping to run across one at a bargain price.
    I ordered one of the RTIC 45 coolers today for a friend. Think he is going to appreciate it for camping. He knows nothing about the surprise headed his way, so I am looking forward to the phone call when it arrives. This friend is 72 and is kinda thrifty so he just would not buy one for himself, kinda like I won't buy the Blackstone for me unless I run across it on WM clearance.
    Thats a nice gesture, and I'm sure it will be appreciated. 

Have you tried this link to locate one? It has been posted elsewhere, and saved me from calling a bunch of stores, or driving out to find they didn't have them.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

SKU= 36323162