Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Real Sports w/Brian Gumbel - maybe the best sports segment I've ever seen. Must watch.

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Most health insurance is through your employer.  I don't understand him either Dylan.
    Hey, I thought you said this is a golf thread WTF?
  • pgprescott
    Options
    True signs of an argument conceded. Change the subject. 

Yes, It's a little satisfying.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I did that on purpose . Just for you. Oh, and Stike too.
    Key phrase: "by others". That also wasn't part of the original conceit of your argument.  Keep moving those goalposts to make yourself feel better.

The letter I received literally said "We were able to reduce individual costs of our group plan from an increase in enrollment allowing us to negotiate a better rate on the current one..."
    Whatever.
    You are full of crap.

Go feed the unicorn.

Get back to me with the actual cost of the plan prior to ACA and post ACA. I would literally have to see it to believe it. The fact that you don't know what the insurance actually cost is telling. It is quite juvenile to even think of the minimal amount of co pay you contribute as any kind of useful information in the larger argument. You are participating in a heavily subsidized plan. Your experience as shared on this post is in fact worthless information. My daughters insurance didn't change either. Because I still pay for all of it. DUH!
    Your apparent education as shown on this thread seems worthless as well. Now, because you continue to lack basic comprehension, you are asking me to prove something that I cannot, being that the information is not accessible to me without violating fellow employee's rights within the organization. I know how much my insurance cost. Year to year, the total amount of the premium of the plan I'm on went down. I'll see if I can find an old benefit pamphlet that shows it, but it went from nearly 8k to just under 4K for the option I'm on.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Key phrase: "by others". That also wasn't part of the original conceit of your argument.  Keep moving those goalposts to make yourself feel better.

The letter I received literally said "We were able to reduce individual costs of our group plan from an increase in enrollment allowing us to negotiate a better rate on the current one..."
    Whatever.
    You are full of crap.

Go feed the unicorn.

Get back to me with the actual cost of the plan prior to ACA and post ACA. I would literally have to see it to believe it. The fact that you don't know what the insurance actually cost is telling. It is quite juvenile to even think of the minimal amount of co pay you contribute as any kind of useful information in the larger argument. You are participating in a heavily subsidized plan. Your experience as shared on this post is in fact worthless information. My daughters insurance didn't change either. Because I still pay for all of it. DUH!
    Your apparent education as shown on this thread seems worthless as well. Now, because you continue to lack basic comprehension, you are asking me to prove something that I cannot, being that the information is not accessible to me without violating fellow employee's rights within the organization. I know how much my insurance cost. Year to year, the total amount of the premium of the plan I'm on went down. I'll see if I can find an old benefit pamphlet that shows it, but it went from nearly 8k to just under 4K for the option I'm on.
    I wasn't trolling you, but, sure it did. 

Aren't you the guy with the overwhelming critical thinking scores?
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

Whatever.
    You are full of crap.

Go feed the unicorn.

I wasn't trolling you, but, sure it did. 

Aren't you the guy with the overwhelming critical thinking scores?
    They aren't "overwhelming", just very competent. Outstanding is the highest score. You never did report yours, by the way.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Folks around here will need to see a doctor soon from tiring out their arms by patting themselves on the back so much for arguments they think they've won.  The internets are serious bidness folks!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Folks around here will need to see a doctor soon from tiring out their arms by patting themselves on the back so much for arguments they think they've won.  The internets are serious bidness folks!
    Now, that's one of the guys I was trolling! Thanks John!

Just foolin around John. You should understand and not get so sensitive. It only hurts for a while.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I never win them.  I'm DUM!!  pgprescott wipes the floor with me every time.  I can't argue against him.  I think he's somehow brilliantly combined Stephen E. Toulmin's contributions with Walton's logical argumentation method.
    Options
    I never win them.  I'm DUM!!  pgprescott wipes the floor with me every time.  I can't argue against him.  I think he's somehow brilliantly combined Stephen E. Toulmin's contributions with Walton's logical argumentation method.
    And there's the other guy! Perfect! Winning!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    You must guzzle a gallon of fresh tiger blood for breakfast each day.  Very impressive.
    Options
    I thought he was more an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    lol!
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Why do you guys always run in a pack? Like hyenas. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Why do you guys always run in a pack? Like hyenas. 
    More like dolphin.
    Options
    The only arguments you dolphins ever seem to win are the name calling ones. Impressive chops.

Wrong about almost everything of consequence, but really well read. 

That tombstone bit is for any of you all.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

Just foolin around John. You should understand and not get so sensitive. It only hurts for a while.
    Trolling/counter-trolling is fun. I'm glad we can agree on the best use of the internet outside of what that wet-blanket dude was complaining regarding Rosy Palmer uses for the internet.
  • pgprescott
    Options

Trolling/counter-trolling is fun. I'm glad we can agree on the best use of the internet outside of what that wet-blanket dude was complaining regarding Rosy Palmer uses for the internet.
    Common ground indeed. Cheers!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    obama care, romney care, plain health insance is all a three card monti scheme, almost seems to be run by vegas. this year the push seems to be lowering premiums in mass but raising deductables, the do you feel lucky syndrome. i did not count them but bluecross alone must have 17 or more plans.  and how did anyone believe that a plan in massachusetts where theres a facility every couple miles down the road was going to work in every state out their, especially the rural low income ones
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • pgprescott
    Options
    obama care, romney care, plain health insance is all a three card monti scheme, almost seems to be run by vegas. this year the push seems to be lowering premiums in mass but raising deductables, the do you feel lucky syndrome. i did not count them but bluecross alone must have 17 or more plans.  and how did anyone believe that a plan in massachusetts where theres a facility every couple miles down the road was going to work in every state out their, especially the rural low income ones
    When you eliminate market choices by over providing insurance, it becomes quite expensive. I don't expect them to loose money either. Reform of the legal system would also greatly reduce the upward pressure on the market. The insurers and providers are absolutely in bed together. They don't care what it costs as long as someone pays. Just like higher education.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Will someone wake me up with a call when this gets back to golf?  Bunch of you got my number.
    Options
    Heard today that Trump is already starting on his re-election.  Campaign slogan is to be "Keep America Great".

Same as the the tagline from the movie 'The Purge: Election Year.'

Fitting.

Also, Trump's golf swing sucks schwänz, just to stay on-topic.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited January 2017
    Options

I think that's a two wood there @nolaegghead
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Johns whipping out the Hans Christian Anderson..... well done, sir.
    Options
    To get back onto topic, my golf game is just like my insurance. It's getting more suckier and more suckier.  =)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Johns whipping out the Hans Christian Anderson..... well done, sir.
    Look at you and your fancy book learnin from third grade!  
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I talk pretty one day....
    Options
    Damn people... Tort reform. No one has mentioned why a Tylenol is $37? Geez you morons. BTW, my insurance doubled for worse insurance. Good to know my hard work is good for others. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    henapple said:
    Damn people... Tort reform. No one has mentioned why a Tylenol is $37? Geez you morons. BTW, my insurance doubled for worse insurance. Good to know my hard work is good for others. 
    I mentioned that. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

Heard today that Trump is already starting on his re-election.  Campaign slogan is to be "Keep America Great".

Same as the the tagline from the movie 'The Purge: Election Year.'

Fitting.

Also, Trump's golf swing sucks schwänz, just to stay on-topic.
    Swing is not pretty, but pretty decent for an old guy trying to stretch some yards out of it. I bet he'd be a handful. Remember, he ain't in his twenties 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    henapple said:
    I mentioned that. 
    http://bfy.tw/9Ybn