Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Stew

Options
looking to warm up with a nice beef stew in the new Dutch oven Santa dropped off. Any suggestions. Thanks
BGE XL. 
Easton CT. 

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    With 2 posts...I would strongly suggest a change in tag line or this forum may be a tough (and salty) pill to swallow. But I'll bite. (Yeah I just heard it too)

i just did soup bones tonight. Trimmed and rolled in salt, paprika, pepper, garlic powder. Tossed meat and bone in and browned. Then tossed in an onion, carrot, celery and cooked a little more. Simmered with 6 cups of water. 2 hours. Then 4 cups of diced tomatoes, 2 potatoes, some more celery and carrots, some okra, and whatever spices you feel froggy about (don't forget lots of salt and pepper) and cook for 30 minutes. 

Its beef soup, not stew. I also made a "chili" that was more like a beef stew earlier this week if you wanna look it up. Jim Brady's chili. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Lovethatmeat
    Options
    Appreciate the advice.  Just started posting so I'll have to refine my tag lines to be more specific. Thanks for the info sounds great. I'll let you know how I make our. 
    BGE XL. 
    Easton CT.