Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Do You Serve Your Brisket?

Thanks to some of you and the BGE I can put a decent brisket on the table for a party. I like to put it on a platter and make the first several slices. And put out slider buns, horseradish, mushrooms, mustard, onions, peppers, and maybe some olives. What can you recommend that works well?? Thanks.
Steve in Palm City.

Comments

• Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Wow! Seems like you've already got it covered. I've never seen the slider bun idea, but it's a great one. Rather than guests being served brisket on a big "Kaiser" they can simply have a few smaller sandwiches. Love it! Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    The first few slices, either flat or point are served nekked to enjoy the taste and texture of the beef and bark.  I will offer portions of those slices (or more) to all in attendance.  After that I am game for whatever the consumers want.  And your spread exceeds anything I offer.  Many ways to get there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • With meat hooks.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike