Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New guy intro

Options
It took me five or six tries to be approved, but I'm finally in! Now, where da women at?

As a lurker, I've already learned a lot:

Pictures with no forks.
Thick skins are good, but not on the food.
There's no such thing as too fatty.

Other than that, I've had my XL for a year, and have tried a little bit of everything on it. I love using it, but this might not be a mutual feeling for the wife.

Hope to share something interesting to others eventually!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
XL with the usual accessories

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.  Not sure the difficulty in getting  "approved" but it definitely is not a quick process.  Maybe the buffalo can look into that issue.
    And forks are fair game as is most anything else.  Above all, have fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Thanks. Each time I'd create an account, confirm my email, then wait. After three weeks or so, my account would be deleted. The last time I responded to the initial email with "Now what?"
    Who knows if that helped, since there's no one to contact.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Welcome aboard.  Sounds like you know your way around here.  Make sure you put a lock on your wallet, these guys like to help you spend your money.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    NO FORKS! 

Good to see you have learned the important lesson! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    They do not call it THE "BIG GREEN" egg for nothing. Welcome to wallet Genocide and have a blast. Be sure you watch your blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol closely. Stock up on adult beverages, be kinder to your wife, and go ahead and buy that extra large freezer. 
    You are in the game. Welcome in. The folks on here are the best, and can help you with anything. I rebuilt a flux capacitor for my Delorean with the help of these guys. Pretty smart dudes.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Welcome!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Welcome to the Eggdiction.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Kayak said:
    It took me five or six tries to be approved, but I'm finally in! Now, where da women at?
    You had me rolling with this opening statement! That's some funny stuff right there. Welcome 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    "these guys like to help you spend your money."

The "help" started long before I became a member. PSWoo, AR, Thermopen, Thermopop, platesetter, etc. God help me if it's going to get worse. I do want to build a cabinet/counter for next to the egg, though. Is that expensive?

Bob

New Cumberland, PA

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Kayak said:

I love using it, but this might not be a mutual feeling for the wife.

Welcome, We can help with Egg questions and advice on how to spend your money. But you will have to deal with the wife yourself.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Welcome to the group. You should also know by now we live for cook pics.so let's see them. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SmokinOutBack
    Options
    Welcome.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • NewbeeMinimax
    Options
    Welcome. You will have fun. I bought my MM about 2 months ago. Bought an XL yesterday. Am excited to learn a lot from others. Have never enjoyed cooking like this before.
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    welcome!
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    welcome!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Thanks. Each time I'd create an account, confirm my email, then wait. After three weeks or so, my account would be deleted. The last time I responded to the initial email with "Now what?"
    Who knows if that helped, since there's no one to contact.
    Had the same issue, first account got deleted a few weeks later. Second account I waited for a week, and then replied to the "confirm your email" link asking when I'd be approved, and another week later, finally approved to post.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Welcome!!!  Share your cooks.... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Nice to have you join us crazy's. welcome!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow