Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor Kitchen Done with Pictures

Options

Comments

• HoustonEgger
    Options
    Awesome!

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Beautiful setup!  Well done, I'm sure you will spend many enjoyable hours in that kitchen.
    Phoenix 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Damn. My egg nest sucks
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Very nice!!!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Jameson19
    Options
    That's a beautiful setup! Plenty of space to host an eggfest too
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • oldmandawg
    Options
    I am covetous of your outdoor kitchen!
  • HCOJ
    HCOJ Posts: 14
    Options
    That is a beautiful setup.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice. Your counter appears to be made of limestone. I'm wondering about dimensions. How deep are the counter tops? Did you have the stone custom cut or was it available in the depth you needed. I see where it is seamed.
    I plan on using a similar approach to a counter I need to build so that's why I have the questions. I have slabs available to me that are 24"x48" or 40"x60"; both are 2 1/2" thick. I want to make counter tops that are 36" deep so I'm trying to find the best way to do that.

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • volminimax
    Options

We all have dreams similar to that don't we?

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

"And now we know.....and knowing is half the battle"- G.I. Joe

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    That looks amazing!
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • dbennett561
    Options
    Looks great, nice job!

Tampa, FL
  • jdkeithbge
    Options
    This looks fantastic!  I am in the process of building a somewhat similar setup (though I don't think it will be quite as nice in fit/finish as yours!), and am wondering what lights you used for overhead spot/task lighting.  I'm trying to find some nice looking lights that match with similar wood roof beams.  Thanks and nice work!
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Beautiful. Looks really thought out. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    After I get this money pit of a home completed to My Beautiful Wife's satisfaction, that project will be next. I love yours, congrats on a job done well.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    After I get this money pit of a home completed to My Beautiful Wife's satisfaction, that project will be next. I love yours, congrats on a job done well.
    Hah, that's funny.

If we did everything my wife wanted to do, our renovations would end when I'm dead.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • YukonRon
    Options
    ToTheMax said:
    YukonRon said:
    Hah, that's funny.

If we did everything my wife wanted to do, our renovations would end when I'm dead.
    Yeah, feeling that one. Bathrooms are next. It will never end, it seems.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Pretty sick! 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    And @yukonron renovations suck! Finishing off our first, the kitchen and 2 bathrooms and I am over it!
  • YukonRon
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have two bathrooms and a chimney/fireplace teardown and rebuild.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    That is just AMAZING!!!  I WANT it!!!  :)
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Wow.  Beautiful.  You'll get a lot of use out of that. Good times are in your future for sure.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautimus....just beautimus!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    2 years of egging and table watching.....and this is the one that most fits my wants, desires, and needs. I really like this one....best I've seen so far.   Thanks for posting.

PS, if you see me post the same setup that I have built....you'll know where the ideas come from !!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• obbrown55
    Options
    Thanks SciAggie I used lueders stone which is a limestone, its almost 2 1/2" think, the width where the eggs are is 38" and the sink area is 42", yes I had the tops cut on site by the man who did the rock and brick on our home.  Let me know if you have any more questions, if you give me your email address I'll send you some pictures of the process 
  • obbrown55
    Options
    Thanks jdkeithbge I have rope lights to accent the pergola and Mr Beans led battery operated spot lights over the eggs and sink, they have three brightness level, can be set to come on automatically or set a timer, all operated by a little remote.  That way I didn't have to run wiring for electric in the raft area,  Seems to work good for me

Mr Beams MB390 300-Lumen Weatherproof Wireless Battery Powered LED Ultra Bright Spotlight with Motion Sensor, Brown on amazon

• duckman1958
    Options
    LOVE your setup! Would love something similar...but...I think the outdoor sink would get a bit "sluggish" with my Minnesota winters! I've got a home in Cape Coral that we'll soon be moving to so I'll definitely want something like this then!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Super Jelly! Love the setup. Can imagine gatherings of family and friends pool party and grill out - lots of good times heading your way! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf