Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is a serious thread.

VB_egger
VB_egger Posts: 364
edited December 2016 in EggHead Forum
Ladies and gents, A fine person who I can not remeber name posted a bourbon slushie recipe. 

I mixed it up last night and have consumed half that batch. My review would be this. 

I feel as if I am ready to debate any lump/ MM vs KJ Jr./ political/ fire starting method thread right now and triumph easily. 

if you can find the thread make it just like he wrote it. I am basically a beer drinker but damn this is like perfect. 

Also so I am not affiliated with this product except I will leave a secret note of how to make these to my sons in my will if I should ever fall ill. 

-Erik. 

PS. if this is written in Spanish I blame the slushies. 
VA Beach

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited December 2016
    Full credit to @YukonRon who is quite famous for co-opting the recipe from his bride.  (  ;)  )Thread linked here:

Bourbon Slushie Recipe  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • VB_egger
    Thanks man, I almost gave credit to you. I Remeber your name, I'm typing with one eye open right now. 
    VA Beach
  • But will you remember your enlightened manifesto at the crack of noon tomorrow?
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Uh-oh. I must choose the time and the company carefully when I decide to give this a go!! 

This is place is simply dangerous on so many f'd up levels! !!!

i love it. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    If I remember correctly, while at the NC2B, there was this big burley dude, a pseudo body guard, really friendly fellow, who enjoyed the Bourbon Slushies from the recipe, My Beautiful Wife, obtained from church.

I think the next morning they found his hat. 

Unfortunately, I never saw the dude again. 

If you choose to partake, do so amongst friends you trust, and do not drive, play with pyrotechnics, WMDs, sharp objects, start showing you gun collection off, or decide to do that "Once and for all" clean burn, with all your eggs, at the same time.

These are not good decisions (please do not inquire as to how I obtained such knowledge).

They do have a manner of sneaking up on you, or so I have been advised, repeatedly.

Always glad to know they were enjoyed.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Not many slushie recipes come with a warning label..... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • I want the stories behind the warning!
  • Other than the free range petting zoo and table stealing and slushies.... that's all some remember.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Other than the free range petting zoo and table stealing and slushies.... that's all some remember.....
    I think it may have gotten worse after dark, but I don't remember.  :s
  • VB_egger
    Man this **** had me calling old friends telling them we need to get together sending out text invites for people to come over today for a get together all types of non sense.  

I rolled out of bed about an hour later than usual this morning like what the eff did I do?  It seriously crept up on me last night, I think it was because the first one tasted so good.  Anyway yea these things are fun. 
    VA Beach
  • YukonRon
    Perhaps I should have mentioned Telecom as well. Use it only for 911.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Those Wildcats must have been hitting a few cups today.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Those Wildcats must have been hitting a few cups today.
    We need to add basketball to the list of things you should not do, while partaking of The Bourbon Slushie.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Perhaps it could help the Wisconsin fans forget what hit them last night...
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.