Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken 3 ways

Options
The father in-law wanted me to throw some whole chickens on the egg for his birthday so after some research I decided spatchcock was the way to go for this one (I don't have the beer can stands yet). For variety I seasoned each chicken differently.

1 coffee rub chicken
1 chicken with sticky fingers bbq sauce
1 Jerk chicken (normally make homemade marinade but used walkerswood to save time)

After much debate I decided to go indirect @ 400, 15 minutes skin side down then flip.
1 hour skin up until they reached 160 IT at the breast. Coffee rub far right, Jerk middle, and bbq sauce left.

Side note, I maxed the egg out with 3 five pound chickens! I know I could have fit more using the beer can method but this worked so well I may never change! In the future I will probably try to stick with just 2 chickens at a time depending on the size of the crowd.

They came out perfect and will definitely be doing these again! Thank you to the forum for all of the pointers, I can always count on y'all whenever I need to cook something to perfection!
LBGE
AL

Comments