Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Night!

Options
 Last night we did pizzas on our LBGE for the first time. Started out with scratch made pizza dough using the basic recipe found in the classic Betty Crocker cookbook. I think I added too much flour because it wasn't very chewy. I have to work on that next time. 
Egg setup: Placesetter feet up, grate pizza stone. Fired up 1 hour prior to cooking the pizzas. Temp : 550 degrees

Assembled the pizzas in parchment, a tip I got from this very forum. I removed it after one minute of cook time. Very easy. Used my peel the rest to of the way.  

We did two pizzas in the egg. One in that goofy cooker in the kitchen. Crust was so superior on the egg made pizzas we finished the third crust on the egg, too. Eggcellent cook! It's a must do. 

I'm a father, husband and a veteran and I love food. Cooking it, thinking about it and eating it.

Equipment: Large BGE with KickAsh basket and SmokeWare SS Chimney cap

28 inch Blackstone griddle

Kenmore Gasser storage unit/overflow cooker

Click here to read more about my cooking adventure!

New Berlin, WI

Comments