Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Loaded Parmesan Potato Wedges

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,029
edited October 2016 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I had our friend over last night for dinner. My friend lives in a group home where I can only assume the meals stay pretty basic. So I had to do something on the grill and not ordinary. It took me a little while to come up with something but have had a craving for a loaded baked potato for the longest time. It sounded like a win/win for my friend and I. That thought eventually tuned into some Jojo potato fries.

I found a recipe for some Parmesan wedges and went with it. I grabbed a vacuumed bag of pulled pork from the deep freeze. My wife made some homemade mac and cheese and threw together some coleslaw. Pretty simple especially with some some pulled pork on hand. My buddy is nonverbal but I didn't need any words to understand that he was digging it! The second round for him said everything! Here's a few pics of the taters:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    That looks great! Glad your friend enjoyed it.

More details on the wedges please.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options
    Looks tasty! 

How did you do them? I'm guessing 400° indirect for 45 minutes? 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    WOW! Nice of you in so many ways. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Oh my that looks amazing! ;What a great treat for your friend.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Looks great @WeberWho! Very kind gesture and a creative cook. Can you share the recipe for the potato wedges? 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,973
    edited October 2016
    Options
    That is some kicked up nachos. They look great. Very nice of you to treat your friend. 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Boy, does that pile of grub look good.
    I'd hammer two plates too.
    Really cool gesture for your friend V, looks like time well spent together.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Reminds me of a poutine!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Man a beaut right there.... And to share even better
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • WeberWho
    edited October 2016
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    That looks great! Glad your friend enjoyed it.

More details on the wedges please.
    Thanks! @shtgunal3

Here is the link to the parmesan wedges:

http://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/2015/04/baked-garlic-parmesan-potato-wedges.html

My wife is not much of a salt person. She thought maybe 1tsp salt would be good next go around. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Wow does that look fantastic. What a treat for your pal and good on you for providing it. I'm sure it was appreciated.
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Jameson19 said:
    Looks tasty! 

How did you do them? I'm guessing 400° indirect for 45 minutes? 
    Thanks! @Jameson19 You pretty much nailed it. The recipe says 25-35 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees. I was around 400 indirect on the egg and it was closer to 40 minutes. 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Mickey said:
    WOW! Nice of you in so many ways. 
    Hey thanks! @Mickey We have fun when we get together!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Oh my that looks amazing! ;What a great treat for your friend.
    @Ima_good_egg Much appreciated! Something a little different for grub is a nice change.

Minnesota
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Oh heck yeah!!  :flushed:
  • WeberWho
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    Looks great @WeberWho! Very kind gesture and a creative cook. Can you share the recipe for the potato wedges? 
    @minniemoh Thanks! Here is the recipe for the wedges:

http://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/2015/04/baked-garlic-parmesan-potato-wedges.html

I mentioned above to shtgunal3 that my wife thought the 2tsp of salt was overkill. I'd maybe go 1tsp salt next go around. Super simple and filling 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    That is some kicked up nachos. They look great. Very nice of you to treat your friend. 
    Thank you! @Florida Grillin Girl I've found a way to make nachos even more unhealthy! :o=)

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Focker said:
    Thanks! @Focker It's become a yearly tradition that we go out and pick some pumpkins at my Uncle's farm. My uncle will hook a wagon up to a tractor and give us a ride around the farm and fields. We always have fun together. I look foward to it every year.

I still laugh when K and I had our first dance at our wedding. My buddy loves music and was having an absolute ball. K and I were called out to the dance floor by the DJ for the first dance. Everyone cleared off the dance floor except for my buddy. His mom and dad tried to get him off the dance floor but that wasn't going to happen. I went over to his parents laughing and said he was more than welcomed to dance with us. K, my buddy Nate, and I danced together for our first dance. Nothing I'll ever forget. I wouldn't change it for anything. Good times

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Reminds me of a poutine!
    You have my wheel turning! Thanks! @Hans61

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Man a beaut right there.... And to share even better
    Thanks much! @JohnnyTarheel

Minnesota
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    That looks so good. I have. Even struggling with cominnup with something cool to cook that is different. This helps me a lot. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Wow does that look fantastic. What a treat for your pal and good on you for providing it. I'm sure it was appreciated.
    Thank you! @StillH2OEgger It used to be that we would go to Buffalo Wild Wings when we get together. Now when he sees me he makes a roof with his hands as a symbol to go back to my house. I can't complain. He enjoys the grub here at the house and it saves me a much bigger tab!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    That looks so good. I have. Even struggling with cominnup with something cool to cook that is different. This helps me a lot. 
    Thanks! @tikigriller I hear you about cooking something different. It probably looks like I don't use my egg very much but most my cooks are basic grub on the egg. Finding something new and different makes cooking enjoyable to me. 

Minnesota
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Wow looks amazing! Nicely done sir.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Oh heck yeah!!  :flushed:
    Thanks bud! @Dyal_SC

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Wow looks amazing! Nicely done sir.
    Hey thanks! @Hotch

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    Thanks! @Focker It's become a yearly tradition that we go out and pick some pumpkins at my Uncle's farm. My uncle will hook a wagon up to a tractor and give us a ride around the farm and fields. We always have fun together. I look foward to it every year.

I still laugh when K and I had our first dance at our wedding. My buddy loves music and was having an absolute ball. K and I were called out to the dance floor by the DJ for the first dance. Everyone cleared off the dance floor except for my buddy. His mom and dad tried to get him off the dance floor but that wasn't going to happen. I went over to his parents laughing and said he was more than welcomed to dance with us. K, my buddy Nate, and I danced together for our first dance. Nothing I'll ever forget. I wouldn't change it for anything. Good times
    Just, plain, awesome V.  Thanks for sharing.
    So proud, to know you guys. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:

Just, plain, awesome V.  Thanks for sharing.
    So proud, to know you guys. 
    Right back at you my friend 

Minnesota
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice brother!  I know it meant a lot to your friend!  Great job.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Those wedges look great!

I've been making them recently too. I usually just throw some s/p and rub on them and bake them till light brown, turning them to get both sides. I like them a little crispy, but I eat them as sides with burgers and ketchup