Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Fest in Central Florida

Options
 Is anyone going to the egg fest in Central Florida on November 12th?

I saw that Thermo works is a sponsor for this event.
 Does that mean they will have a tent set up at the event and have their items available for purchase?  I've been thinking about getting a Thermo pen but would like to see one personally before I drop $100 on one.
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    I might drive up for it.  
    The Thermopen is well worth the price.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Wish I was - too much fall travel already in the schedule.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options

Does that mean they will have a tent set up at the event and have their items available for purchase?  I've been thinking about getting a Thermo pen but would like to see one personally before I drop $100 on one.
    No, it means that they donated some thermometers to be giveaways. 
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options

Well I guess that's a good thing but also sucks for people like me that are wanting to buy one but want to actually put hands on one 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Just get the Thermopen well worth the money.......... It's a great eggfest went last year and the venue is awesome. We are trying to figure out if we can make it this year and if so will be cooking. If you have the time don't miss the fest.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options

Well I guess that's a good thing but also sucks for people like me that are wanting to buy one but want to actually put hands on one 
    Where are you in Florida?
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Buy the Thermapen. Very very high quality and feels like you spent $100 when you hold it in your hand. 

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    I am going ... BTW the event page is here http://centralfloridafalleggfest.com/
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    If you go to the eggfest I promise you will be able to hold one because most if not all of the cooks will be using one and I'm sure they would be glad to let you check there's out, if I'm there you can check out mine. Having one has been a game changer in my cooking skills the two I have are several years old and still working just fine. The cooks at Eggfest just love to share knowledge with everyone. Where in FL are you? I will be wintering in Okeechobee FL.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    I'm in Ocala,  about 70 miles from the event 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Check out the ThermoPop.
    http://www.thermoworks.com/ThermoPop

hard to top for the money.

Also, many cooking and BBQ stores in my area stock Thermoworks products.
    You should have little issue getting your hands on one. Not to mention most places accept returns if you are not happy with the product.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I'm in Ocala,  about 70 miles from the event 
    Take a ride over to Wassi's Meat Market in Melbourne. They carry the full line. You'll be able to check them out and purchase if you'd like. Might even pick up some stellar proteins while there too,  ;)
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    Buy the Thermapen. Very very high quality and feels like you spent $100 when you hold it in your hand. 

Agree. Feels very solid. And well worth the investment. 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Check out the ThermoPop.
    http://www.thermoworks.com/ThermoPop

hard to top for the money.

Also, many cooking and BBQ stores in my area stock Thermoworks products.
    You should have little issue getting your hands on one. Not to mention most places accept returns if you are not happy with the product.

I have a Thermopop and it's also a great tool.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I have two of their $19 lower end thermos and, they work great.   I agree Wassi's is a great place to visit if you are ever near Melbourne.   They sponsor the Sunshine State Eggfest in the spring if you can make it out there.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95