Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXL

Options
Let me start by saying I have nothing to do  with  this  item so please don't ask me any questions about it. Just posting it in the event someone is interested. 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/for/5834831009.html
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Nice of you to post it here.

The guy is discounting $600 off what he paid, and there is no warranty for new buyer.  I wonder what a new base would cost...

Phoenix 
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options

The guy says it is $4K, but then has a receipt that he only paid $3300.  For that difference, I would buy it form a dealer to get the warranty.

Finally something in California and I don't want it.

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Maybe he never registered it. I'd ask.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Coul
    Coul Posts: 111
    Options
    retail is about 4k-4500. You're better off with 2 XL eggs for that price and you would still save money
    LBGE circa 2016
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    I still want one
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    I still want one
    Me too. 3k here. To heavy for my deck though, and no room left. 

Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm guessing the reason for the sale is because you can't BBQ in California. 

His asking price is still too high to own this albatross.
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    bobroo said:
    I'm guessing the reason for the sale is because you can't BBQ in California. 

His asking price is still too high to own this albatross.

• td66snrf
    edited October 2016
    Options

Please explain the California comment. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @td66snrf the way the left coast is trending, only those who own a Prius will be able to buy a grill and then only if they are certified vegan.  2015 news story .... http://downtrend.com/71superb/sf-bay-area-to-consider-banning-backyard-bbqing

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • tikigriller
    Options
    I just LOVE Callifornia

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    @td66snrf the way the left coast is trending, only those who own a Prius will be able to buy a grill and then only if they are certified vegan.  2015 news story .... http://downtrend.com/71superb/sf-bay-area-to-consider-banning-backyard-bbqing

Just damn. No words. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I was in downtown San Francisco three weeks ago for Dreamforce '16. Thee need to be more concerned with the garbage and human excrement on the sidewalks and streets  than they do with how people cook their dinner.

everyone I met was friendly and great. But the city was the dirtiest place I have ever been.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    But the city was the dirtiest place I have ever been.
    Get out much?
  • tikigriller
    Options
    San Francisco in the wrong areas is absolutely disgusting...no doubt about it.  I went to New York about ten years ago to visit my Aunt who is a die hard New Yorker, and she asked me what I thought, and all I could come up with was it felt like San Francisco without the hills, BUT IT WAS CLEAN!

Livermore, California
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Legume said:
    But the city was the dirtiest place I have ever been.
    Get out much?
    No.

But I lived in Monterrey Ca abck in '79 and '80. Plus I get to San Francisco every 5 years or so. Definitely not the California I remember.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    td66snrf said:

For those that don't know, burning anything (a BBQ, a chiminea, a fireplace, a cigarette, or even your common gas consuming lawn mower) is outlawed in California.

You can certainly count on the neighbors to bring da' man down on ya'.

It's just what kind of place it is; and they think it's normal!
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Lmao what are you talking about
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    To the best of my knowledge, in southern California you are not allowed to use pre soaked charcoal or lighter fluid or any substance that puts .02 pounds of pollutants per day. Meaning you can use chimneys or some other energy source for lighting your bbq. That area has the worst air quality in the USA.
    The bay area, however has banned or is going to ban bbq cooking in condos and apartments for safety purposes only as it relates to fire prevention. There is local legislation that is currently being considered for extremely densely populated neighborhoods to also enforce these measures. It may have passed by now, I am not sure.
    Anyone that thinks SF is a shid hole, is wrong. It is one of the most beautiful, and coolest cities in the USA. You can find blight anywhere, but nowhere can you find the bay view like that city has.
    I have to deal with the clean air rules for all areas that are effected, not just California.
    I am not aware of any banned areas for BBQ, except those where fire is a consideration for the safety of the public.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tikigriller
    Options

BBQing is not banned at all in California yet.  There are some condo's as mentioned that have a ban....I can say from experience that I used to BBBQ in an apartment complex once, and when I shut down my webber at the time, a small coal popped out of the Q I did not notice.  I lived on the third floor.  I woke up the next morning, and the coal burned through my deck, fell to the deck beneath me, burned through that deck, and then fell to the one on the bottom floor.  Serious crap.

As far as San Fran having gorgeous views, yes.  The skyline is gorgeous.  But I am sorry, the city is DIRTY.   Very Dirty.  If someone was to tour through, I would tell them to drive through, hit Alcatraz if possible, then head over to Sausalito........just on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge.   You get the Bay, the view of the skyline, and it is very clean, gorgeous, and simply feels a ton safer with some great restaurants on the water.

Oh...and of course.....take in a Giants Game!

Livermore, California
  • td66snrf
    edited October 2016
    Options
    bobroo said:
    td66snrf said:

For those that don't know, burning anything (a BBQ, a chiminea, a fireplace, a cigarette, or even your common gas consuming lawn mower) is outlawed in California.

You can certainly count on the neighbors to bring da' man down on ya'.

It's just what kind of place it is; and they think it's normal!

bobroo  Wow! Where did you come up with that info? California is the second largest state in the contiguous U.S. behind Texas. It is the most populist state in the country. If it were a sovereign country it's GDP would rank 8th in the world. Unless you seen my beautiful state from the Mexican to the Oregon border don't comment on what you don't know. Have you seen Yosemite? The Sierra Nevada's? The Mohave desert? The Channel Islands? Death Valley? The Redwood Forrest?  And I can keep going. San Francisco is just one of 500 incorporated cities in California. BTY where are you from so I can trash your home?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

BBQing is not banned at all in California yet.  There are some condo's as mentioned that have a ban....I can say from experience that I used to BBBQ in an apartment complex once, and when I shut down my webber at the time, a small coal popped out of the Q I did not notice.  I lived on the third floor.  I woke up the next morning, and the coal burned through my deck, fell to the deck beneath me, burned through that deck, and then fell to the one on the bottom floor.  Serious crap.

As far as San Fran having gorgeous views, yes.  The skyline is gorgeous.  But I am sorry, the city is DIRTY.   Very Dirty.  If someone was to tour through, I would tell them to drive through, hit Alcatraz if possible, then head over to Sausalito........just on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge.   You get the Bay, the view of the skyline, and it is very clean, gorgeous, and simply feels a ton safer with some great restaurants on the water.

Oh...and of course.....take in a Giants Game!tikigriller said:

I have done the Giants Game, and will do so every chance I get.
    I have been to many of the major cities in the world, and I will be the first to tell you, none are without fault. I believe tourist laden cities, such as SF, are predisposed to the lack of cleanliness due to the people which are not native to the area.
    Paris, certainly one of the most beautiful cities on earth, is still dirty. It comes with the territory, I suppose.
    I would also recommend, while in SF, to go to the Buena Vista, get an Irish Coffee, and look at the original Neiman, hanging behind the bar. Ask the bartenders to point out themselves captured in the painting, while watching the trolleys turn around out front, looking over the bay. Then head on down to the art galleries.
    Like anywhere else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can find it anywhere. Even Oakland. (JK, of course.)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    HA! I can get a new one with warranty in Canada for $4k
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    @Miked125 where are you in Canada that you found a new XXL for 4k?
  • tikigriller
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Oh...and of course.....take in a Giants Game!tikigriller said:

I have done the Giants Game, and will do so every chance I get.
    I have been to many of the major cities in the world, and I will be the first to tell you, none are without fault. I believe tourist laden cities, such as SF, are predisposed to the lack of cleanliness due to the people which are not native to the area.
    Paris, certainly one of the most beautiful cities on earth, is still dirty. It comes with the territory, I suppose.
    I would also recommend, while in SF, to go to the Buena Vista, get an Irish Coffee, and look at the original Neiman, hanging behind the bar. Ask the bartenders to point out themselves captured in the painting, while watching the trolleys turn around out front, looking over the bay. Then head on down to the art galleries.
    Like anywhere else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can find it anywhere. Even Oakland. (JK, of course.)
    I've just never been a big fan. I've also been so many times living 30 minutes from there, I take a lot of it for granted. When it comes down to it,I am not a big city kind of guy. Would much rather find time by a lake or ocean somewhere. 

Livermore, California