Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BRUNSWICK STEW - REAL GEORGIA SLAP YOUR MAMA BRUNSWICK STEW!!!!

Options
Hey y'all!

Been an egghead for about 6 years now and frequent this site sometimes.  The stew in the other recipe looks great, so I'm surprised it didnt' turn out.  

May I offer my own?  Born and raised in Georgia, I've had plenty of this done right and wrong throughout the years.  I would say about 99% of the Brunswick Stew I've tasted was lame.

Well, this recipe is NOT!  It's probably the best stew I've ever had and beats any chowder, chili or whatever.  You be the judge.

FWIW, I included this on my music website and it gets about as much attention as my tunes.  

The whole recipe is there.  I will try to post it here, but my ipad will not currently allow.  Until then, go to http://bigcityrocks.com/big-green-egg-recipes

I know you'll enjoy this and I hope you can listen to some decent tunes while you cook!  

I have a song that is coming in a few months that the eggheads will enjoy, I think.  I'll keep you posted.

Happy Holidays!

BigCity
Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ www.bigcityrocks.com/store now!.

Pre-Sales AVAILABLE NOW on iTunes!

"HONKYTONKITIS" debuts 3/31/16
                     http://www.bigcityrocks.com/store

Thank y'all for listening,

Bdubya

Comments

• brzelt
    brzelt Posts: 62
    Options
    Nice sounding voice Big City... Country ain't my thang tho.

Recipe looks like it will be wonderful and I aim to try it.  Thanks!
    Bruce
    L BGE
    Kennesaw, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I dont know about the stew but damn you can sure sing. Dude you got some pipes! Keep up the good work.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Bdubya
    Bdubya Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank y'all. I sure appreciate it. I'll post when that new song is out. I have a few other releases before then. Make sure y'all try that stew! BigCity
    Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
    If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
    If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ www.bigcityrocks.com/store now!.

Bdubya

• Bdubya
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I told you I would let the Eggheads hear it first. New song, preview only. Release will be in a few weeks, real pro video to follow. Hope y'all like it! http://youtu.be/CLxK9tFbvEg BigCity www.bigcityrocks.com

Bdubya

• eggspect
    Options
    Anytime I get to put some Lexington style BBQ sauce on something, count me in.  And bourbon too?  Get outta here.  This recipe hit the nail on the head on a cool damp Sunday.  Thanks BC!

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Bdubya's Brunswick stew is awesome. My family and friends love it.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Bdubya
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You can change it up a bit and NOT totally grind the meat. Maybe use pull style, but you want the meat to regulate the consistency and become the stew. It would take some laborious pulling to get it broken down that far. It's that time of year! Glad you can get some enjoyment out of a 200 year old recipe. Holler!

Bdubya

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Bdubya‌- First let me say what a great voice you have brother. Sure wish I could sing like that. Next thanks for sharing the recipe. It's a done deal, I'm trying it for sure. Again thanks my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JethroVA
    Options
    Bumping this thread. @Bdubya 's recipe is awesome and a great way to use left over pulled pork.  I intentionally cook a larger butt so I have 3 lbs to put in this stew. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This stew sounds great. @JethroVA do you use a food processor to grind up the pulled pork?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JethroVA
    Options

@SmokeyPitt , nope, I just chop it up a bit with a knife. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    A good ol' Big City bump.    

Dig the new song and video.  Will be putting a couple of your songs on the iPod for camping this year. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX_g-SMCvMo

Glad I'm not the only one who still lets kids ride in the truck bed.  ;)
    Son and nephews love it.  Bench seat is great for the drive-in. 

My "Daddy's truck" was a 1974 two-tone green F-250 to pull our boat.  Lots of good memories learning to ski on the Rock River. 

My son's "Daddy's truck".  
    Keep on truckin'/eggin' Big City  B)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• MelSharples
    MelSharples Posts: 260
    Options
    No taters?
    LBGE 2015 - Atlanta
  • Bdubya
    Options
    A very nice person just pointed out that my web server's most recent update hid my recipe!  It has been corrected!  BAM!  

It's that time of year for some Big City Stew!  I can't wait!  Enjoy, people.

Bdubya

• Bdubya
    Options
    UPDATE on recipe location.  Thanks for the good feedback!  I'm gonna be adding some more favorites soon!

http://bigcitybrianwright.com/big-green-egg

Bdubya

• Raideregg
    Options
    Ok, I know this post is little older, yet I can not get to the Recipe!  Can anyone post a link for the Recipe?  Regarding Big City music, I am not a country fan, however, Brians style is old school and I like the fact most of his songs are real life experience!!  Still need the RECIPE!!!!!! PLEASE!!
                      Raideregg
    I Like Big Eggs and I can not lie!
    XXL,XL, L and MM
  • JethroVA
    Options
    @Raideregg scroll up to the Oct 10th post by Bdubya.  That's Brian's screen name and the link there works. 
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Bdubya.....  Big City Jawja Brunswick Stew....that's the only recipe I use !!!

I've been following you for a couple of years and your music and stew are always a great hit....everytime !!

Thanks,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!