Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2016

Options
The great folks at Big Green Egg put on one heck of an event on Saturday and I was honored to be a part of it. I couldn't be any more proud of what my crew accomplished. We fed the masses and squeezed out a narrow margin 1st Place win. Congrats to Team Eggcellent Eats on their 2nd Place win and to the Serial Grillers for the 3rd Place win! We had a great day and enjoyed seeing everyone there!

Here's some pics from the day. Hope you enjoy. 

This menu ran all day:
  • Smoked beef shoulder clod tacos with a grilled tomatillo salsa, pickled red onions and queso fresco.
  • Artisan pizzas
  • Picanha, kielbasa, wings
  • Jailhouse "Rocks" (a grilled banana cookie dough ball, battered & deep fried, peanut butter glaze and smoked candied bacon.)

This was our EGGtoberfest recipe.  We called it a Jailhouse "Rock" - Inspired by Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich.
This is a grilled banana cookie dough ball, battered & deep fried, peanut butter glaze and smoked candied bacon.
Grilled, smoked and fried all in one recipe. 

Our crew came from all over the US. I couldn't ask for better friends. 

Ken Hess and @MeatChurch BBQ's Matt Pittman stopped by to taste some of Blake Carson's rodizio magic. 

We used two Large Eggs with Pizza Portas to crank out 68 artisan pizzas. 

THE MAN, Mr Ed Fisher, stopped by to sample some of our goodness. 

My feet still hurt, but i'd do it all over again. 

Comments