Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cedar and concrete table almost done

GT_Egg
GT_Egg Posts: 22
edited October 2016 in EGG Table Forum
Well, it took much longer than anticipated, but my egg table is just about finished. The design was inspired by some of awesome looking tables on this forum. I went with all cedar for the base with PT pine on the floor of the table. For the top I originally thought about a granite slab, but ultimately decided to try and pour a 1.5" thick concrete top. It saved me some money and I am really happy with how it turned out for my first attempt at pouring concrete. The only thing left to do is seal the cedar, build the cabinet doors, and install the hardware. Should be 100% done soon. Here's some pictures:

The start of the base with all pocket joints. The frame that supports the egg has all mortise and tenon joints.

The base with sides and floor installed

Back of the base

Drawer for grates, tools, etc.

Top formed and ready for concrete

Top poured

Top out of the mold and pin holes filled. Ready for polishing

After polishing. The top is still drying here which is why it's different colors

Base set ready to receive the top

Top installed

My egg finally has a proper home!

And of course a GT bottle opener

Roswell, GA

Large BGE

Comments