Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I’m a new believer in the Egg…

Options
Eggin-smurff
Eggin-smurff Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks. This is my first post to this forum. After I’ve literally read almost every post for the last month, I felt it was time to speak up and introduce myself and start adding my experiences instead of just soaking in information, which, by the way, has been invaluable. Thanks to all.[p]About a month ago, my wife and I visited the “mother ship” and purchased our large BGE. Fortunately, we live less than an hour from the Tucker warehouse so it was easy to see all the options and make our selections. [p]Someone in an earlier post stated, “when does it stop?” As of this post, I have the Large BGE kit with all the “toys”, compact table with cover, plate-setter, Polder, Maverick ET73 & Thermopen, V-Rack, various drip pans, pizza stone, vertical chicken rack, excellent “welding type” leather grill gloves (Ace Hardware), silicone gloves, grill cleaner, various spices and rubs including Dizzy Pig selections, maple chunks, mesquite chunks, Jack Daniels chips, various cookbooks, etc. That’s in one month![p]My friends and family have teased me for owning every bar-b-que grill manufactured to date. Yes, I’ve owned various gas, charcoal and smokers. NONE of them hold a candle to my experiences of the last month! I’ve realized that it’s always been a hit or miss cooking for me, and that I’ve simply burned meat enough to eat. But now, WOW! The “slow cooking” that I’ve avoided for years (because of lack of control over a grill) is exactly what I now look forward to. [p]Fortunately for me, the best local hand-cut meat market in the area is also a BGE dealer. So, not only can I purchase fine cuts of meat, but also get tips on how to prepare them specifically on the Egg. We’ve done chicken several ways, ribs, brisket, burgers, filets, ribeyes, and my favorite, pulled pork all in the last month! All were exceptional!! [p]Thanks for a great product and a wonderful web site!!!!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Eggin-smurff, yep, I'd say you have been a busy egg head for the past month. I can relate to much of what you said -- I've cooked on a lot of other cookers as well, but none of them were in the league with the Big Green Egg. I've owned mine a little over two months and have cooked about everything on it and then some. It took awhile to get the hand of temperature control, but after that it has been smooth sailing. Good to have you on the forum.

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Eggin-smurff,
    Welcome to the group.Seems like you jumped in hook line and sinker.You have one of the best cooking machines on the planet.I wish I bought mine 35 years earlier.Heres to many years of fine meals done on the Egg.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Eggin-smurff,[p]Welcome new Egger to a great bunch of goofs![p]john