Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke pouring from the bottom..

Options
Since replacing the base on our XL with the warranty one we have only used the XL once...to cook a brisket. During the brisket cook we had grease dripping from the bottom of the base. There is a very small crack, detectable by feel only. It didn't show up in the pictures, least not all that well. Spoke with Bruce, he told me that while he could kinda see the crack in the pictures he would be hesitant to warranty it....which I understood entirely.   With the weather cooling off it will be cheese smoking season soon. Decided to do a clean burn. It was pouring smoke off the bottom. Didn't let the temperature exceed what we cook our pizzas at, which is 650-700*. Let it go until it was out of fuel, which was a good 90 minutes or so. While it cleaned the majority of the Egg out we now have several black stains on the bottom of the base. Will post pictures later today. Any thoughts on these stains? I know pictures would be helpful...will get them shortly. Apologies for the extremely long post... 

Comments