Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Used 36 inch Blackstone - OT

Options
2»

Comments

• tikigriller
    Options
    blasting said:
    that escalated quickly tuesday

Ok....I tried.....I don't get it...........me slow

Took me a second too.  I believe it means ^ That Escalated ^

Aha!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    blasting said:

Or the great cutting board give away scam of 2015

Good times. I sniffed out that jack wagon early on and got a few abuse flags for it. Lol
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    The guy was asking for help and advise. To post the link to the craigslist ad was a jerk move. Just my opinion. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Jeremiah  Lame.  Guess no one else should be offered the opportunity to purchase items at a fair price.  

Reminds me of a quote... "Your “best”!? Losers always whine about doing their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'm not going to get into a pissing  contest with you red skip. I've already voiced my opinion. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • tikigriller
    Options

Well, no matter what, as everyone will fall on one side of the fence or other, it made for some pretty damn funny posts that made my Monday at work just a little bit better, so Thank You All for that!!!! 

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    The guy was asking for help and advise. To post the link to the craigslist ad was a jerk move. Just my opinion. 

Heaven forbid you post the link here, but it's ok on cl? Lol
    Got it.

It takes so much help to convince someone to buy a $300 griddle barely used for $100.  Got that too.

OP needs to strap-a-sack.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    that escalated quickly tuesday

Ok....I tried.....I don't get it...........me slow
    THAT escalated quickly. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Damn... It's not even Friday night. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Damn... It's not even Friday night. 

Yes it is...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • outrageous
    Options
    This should have been a simple post,   you find a 36" Blackstone griddle for $100.  you should have bought it,  then post how great it is n post pictures of your cooks,   heck, if I find another one for $100, I would buy it, just for a spare.  end of conversation,  either buy the thing or not!!!!  fyi, they are great griddle.....

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    1. Asking this crowd if you should spend money...really?
    2.  Asking if you should buy something for a third the price...really??
    3. All the flags in this post... Really???

c'mon man!
  • GATraveller
    Options
    aggr.gif 990.8K

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    The only one I've seen local was on Craigslist for two days. Must have sold for the $250 they were asking 
    I'd let mine go for $200. 
    Everything @DoubleEgger touches in stainless is fûcked up. Don't touch his blackstone or Smokeware cap.   Even for free. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    The only one I've seen local was on Craigslist for two days. Must have sold for the $250 they were asking 
    Everything @DoubleEgger touches in stainless is fûcked up. Don't touch his blackstone or Smokeware cap.   Even for free. 
    Wow 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Wow 
     =)  feel free to flag me. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Wow 
     =)  feel free to flag me. 
    He's been flagged one or two times before.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Bought mine from a forum member here for $100 too. Gotta act fast on deals like that!!!   =)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,105
    Options
    I snagged it for $75.  Guy was hurting.  I'll sell it to next bidder for $125.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ThrillSeeker
    ThrillSeeker Posts: 306
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hilarious responses.

First and foremost, I asked opinions about the used Blackstone, because after doing a search I didn't see where there was anything previously mentioned about buying these used and specifically wanted more info about whether there's anything to look for or be wary of (burners going out, scorched cooktop, etc). 

When a used egg is posted, people normally chime in about things to look for or be concerned about.  I figured this would be a similar situation. 

My brother and I normally do a cook for the homeless and less fortunate here in Nashville once a month, and rather than doing butts on the egg, we had an idea of doing hot breakfasts during the cooler months.  The last thing we would want is a line of hungry people and having to jury-rig burners, etc.

And for the record, I called the guy and left a message long before I posted it here.  It was already sold.  Regardless of that, trolling and posting the link was a douchebag move, and it deserved to be called that.

I'm pretty confident that I'll find another used one at a great price. 

Thanks again for the responses.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    FWIW if looking for a used one my main concern would be rust on the cooking surface if it was stored in the elements and not seasoned properly. Even if there was some rust this isn't a deal killer, but I would consider that in the price.  It is nothing some sandpaper and a little elbow grease couldn't fix but I would want the price to reflect that. Other than that as you mentioned I would want to light it to see if all the burners and the igniter work.  There is a battery (AA) in the igniter so if it doesn't work it could just be the battery.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ThrillSeeker
    Options

The igniter battery thing is good info to know @smokeypitt

Thank you.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

The igniter battery thing is good info to know @smokeypitt

Thank you.

It's very common failure but also a very cheap and easy fix.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Local lowes had  4 of these used in the lawn and garden area... I wanted to take one home but all were "hold for John".. an employee.

Returns for whatever reasons- made me question the quality. But then again "John" must have thought they were worth something.

Looking to get one for my place here and in NC, for breakfast and burgers.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax