Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Joetisserie!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• EazyE
    EazyE Posts: 67
    Options
    @bodski I don't remember exactly where I checked the temp. I generally do at the breast and behind a leg. I'll pay more attention next time to any variances in temps on different locations. 
    Those look great! But, isn't 140 a little under cooked for chicken? I have always read to maybe pull them at 160, and let rest until 165? I don't think it would go up 15 degrees after cooking would it? Yours look great and not under cooked at all, so what is why I was curious on the 140 part.
  • Slabotnick
    Slabotnick Posts: 215
    edited August 2016
    Options
    EazyE said:
    @bodski I don't remember exactly where I checked the temp. I generally do at the breast and behind a leg. I'll pay more attention next time to any variances in temps on different locations. 
    Those look great! But, isn't 140 a little under cooked for chicken? I have always read to maybe pull them at 160, and let rest until 165? I don't think it would go up 15 degrees after cooking would it? Yours look great and not under cooked at all, so what is why I was curious on the 140 part.
    You are right. I probably did pull it off a little early from what I should have. The texture was great though and did seem fully cooked. We didn't get sick.

Might be time for a thermopen though. My weber instant read thermometer has been acting up some, not sure if it messed up because it seemed fully cooked. It was an organic free range chicken so at least I feel better about it lol.