Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Joetisserie!!!!!!

Options
@Dredger you've inspired me to give the Joetisserie a try. It's just as awesome as you said. The best part of it is the delicious skin that you get from cooking in an hour instead of a rubbery skin after a longer cook. 

It it was a delicious first run. 2 - 4lb chickens cooked direct at 350 for an hour pulled off at 140 internal temp. We loved them. 

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    They look great!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Outstanding!! That looks like a great cook.  I love my Joetisserie. 
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Well done I need to do the double double some time. 
    Seattle, WA
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Congratulations @Slabotnick! Those birds look fantastic and I am sure they tasted incredible. We always do two birds now instead of just one. Glad you are as happy with the Joetisserie as we are. So many great things you can cook on the spinner.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Looks great, not sure how much they'd sell for in the GWN, I may have to jury-rig one  :)   btw, hope you don't mind me saying... assuming the centre is hotter than the ends, I would skewer the birds butt-to-butt so dark meat of both birds cook faster than white uniformly?
    canuckland
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options

So tempted to pull the trigger on the Joetisserie.  I've COMPLETELY blown my "egging budget" for this month.

Any deals on that thing for under $200?

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Wow....those look outstanding. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Slabotnick
    Slabotnick Posts: 215
    Options
    @ThrillSeeker lol what is your egging budget? My wife puts me on spice lock down since we have ran out of cabinet space. Luckily she was the one who said that she put the Joetisserie in her Amazon cart and said that if I wanted it to go ahead and get it. 

Already thinking about the turkey that will be done for thanksgiving this year. Going to be epic!
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    @Canugghead I will try it butt to butt next time. That's a good idea. I know in the one pic it looks a little red on one leg, but nothing tasted dry or overcooked. I guess that legg did get closer to the heat. 
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    Looks great! Is the skin crispy?
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Slabotnick
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @krobertsmsn The skin was soft like you would expect on a good rotisserie but with the flavor only wood can give. I figure you could probably get the skin crispy at a higher temp. Where it self bastes from spinning it doesn't even come close to being dry. 
  • Hub
    Options
    One of the things I love about my joetisserie is that I don't have to run out to the egg and turn the meat.  Is this side too dark? Is this side not dark enough? It is such an effortless cook.  Sometimes easy is good.
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    @Hub and/or @Dredger have either of you tried a ham yet?
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    @Slabotnick, I used the adjustable rig for my last ham, which was great, but I see no reason that the Joetisserie would not produce great results too. We don't do a lot of ham since it is basically just the two of us. Still have a good bit of the last one in the freezer. Would love to see one on the spinner and get your opinion of how it turned out.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options
    @ThrillSeeker lol what is your egging budget? My wife puts me on spice lock down since we have ran out of cabinet space. Luckily she was the one who said that she put the Joetisserie in her Amazon cart and said that if I wanted it to go ahead and get it. 

Already thinking about the turkey that will be done for thanksgiving this year. Going to be epic!

Now that I'm single, my "entertainment and personal" budget is $600/month and I split that between buying accessories for the egg, doing upgrades to my truck, going out to eat, and going to the bar. 

I haven't been going out to eat, or to the bar, and the only thing I got for my truck recently is a new tail light assembly,

Between CGS, Amazon, Firecraft, and SRF this month...I've dropped almost a grand.  Outside of that Joetisserie, I won't buy anything else egg related for a few months....not even lump. 

Antioch, TN

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    @Canugghead I have seen it for $325 cdn in the Cambridge area
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    Congratulations.  It's a great tool. Chicken looks fab.  I use a basket for chicken pieces too.  
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    GlennM said:
    @Canugghead I have seen it for $325 cdn in the Cambridge area
    That's a decent price, considering Amazon US price is 250. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
    canuckland
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    @ThrillSeeker the cost of egg "supplies" gets out of control. Once you've been to the other side of finer things you cant go back. My beef budget is out of control too, down to the little things like SRF being the only burgers we want now. 
  • Hub
    Options
    @Hub and/or @Dredger have either of you tried a ham yet?
    Not me.  I've done chicken, ribs, pork tenderloin, beef kabobs, chicken kabobs, etc.  I haven't done a ham yet.  So far, my favorite on the Joe is bone in, skin on chicken breasts ... lined up on the spit rod .. covered with Dizzy Dust.  So moist on the inside.  So crispy on the outside.
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options
    @ThrillSeeker the cost of egg "supplies" gets out of control. Once you've been to the other side of finer things you cant go back. My beef budget is out of control too, down to the little things like SRF being the only burgers we want now. 
    I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on the SRF burgers......yet. 

Antioch, TN

• Slabotnick
    Options
    @ThrillSeeker doesn't sound like 8 bucks a burger is worth it but we love it. 
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    Those look great. The Joetisserie is on my wish list for sure. I was surprised at the 140 internal temp. Where was that taken? Thanks

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Slabotnick
    Options
    @bodski I don't remember exactly where I checked the temp. I generally do at the breast and behind a leg. I'll pay more attention next time to any variances in temps on different locations. 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I'll be trying two on mine soon.  So many options with the leftovers!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    @smbishop what are leftovers?
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    @ThrillSeeker - the pre-made burgers at 1/2 lb are large for us. We now buy the 5 lb ground beef and make our own. A bit less expensive and can make the ideal size for us - sliders up to 1/3 lb. warning:  Once you try them you'll be hard pressed to go back to standard ground beef. 
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    @da87 have you tried them as smash burgers yet?
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    @Slabotnick haven't done SRF smash burgers yet; on the list!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Smolder
    Smolder Posts: 104
    Options
    Love my Joetisserie. Keep finding new ways to use it. Love the simplicity and the ease of setup. Use far less lump for cooks also due to the small pile needed to cook with.