Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sambal Chicken Skewers

Options
I made a new recipe tonight, this one from Bon Appetit, and it was delicious.  My wife also was raving about how good it was.  I don't think it was quite as amazingly wonderful as a Korean recipe I grabbed from this forum a while back, but it was really delicious, will definitely be making it again!

1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
1/3 cup hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
1/4 cup fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
1/4 cup Sriracha
2 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch–2-inch pieces

Directions:

Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Whisk brown sugar, vinegar, chili paste, fish sauce, Sriracha, and ginger in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. (The directions call for no marinating time, but I'm not sure why that wouldn't help.)  Thread 4 or 5 chicken pieces onto each skewer.

Transfer marinade to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half (about 1 cup), 7–10 minutes.

Grill chicken, turning and basting often with reduced marinade, until cooked through, 8–10 minutes.

Here's the chicken, marinated for an hour (though, oddly, the recipe and accompanying video say no marinating), no glaze applied, yet, just put on the grill:

Almost ready to come off the grill:

Done:

Off the skewers:

On the plate (didn't attempt a SE Asian meal):

Comments