Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheapisserie®

Options
2»

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @Dredger... What you thunk !!! ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    I think it is a great idea. Waiting on the KJ folks to come out with different sizes that may take forever is a good alternative. One thing to mention. As eggers, we live and die by dome temp. However, having been to tons of Texas barbecue weekends, all of their rotisseries are over an open wood fire. If you do not have the ability to close the egg down, just add about 1/2 hour or so to your cooking time and you will probably end up with the same results. The Thermapen is your friend. Have not tried it since I have a Joetisserie, but it should work and how much are you out? Hubby suggested using CPVC for stands to stabilize the spit if you don't have side tables. You can get the folks at Lowes, etc. to notch and cut them in half and use one on each side. CPVC is designed for hot water, so the heat from the egg should not affect it. These folks can customize your rotisserie to any size you need. http://www.onegrill.com/  Kudos to @Raymont for doing this. Egg on!
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    I love this, I was just having a discussion with my husband about converting our old rotis and motor for the egg. 
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    That is impressive but the metal looks galvanized to me.  I don't think it would be safe to cook on,around

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015