Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Shrimps

500 Posts: 3,177
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
Roughly followed this recipe for the marinade; https://sixtwists.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/grilled-shrimp-with-old-bay/. Marinated for about two hours. Grilled direct at 400 with lid open most of the time. Only took about 6 minutes or so to cook. When they started turning pink/white I flipped. Soaking the skewers helped somewhat but not from completely burning the skewers before they were done. 

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Invest in the two prong stainless skewers.  They never burn and the food never spins on the skewer.  About 20 bucks including shipping on ebay.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
    I have some stainless skewers but I was afraid to use them cause I thought the metal would overcook the shrimp. Maybe not but I was hesitant to try since the metal would heat up more than the wood. 
    Member since 2009
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Hey, that's a good looking cook all the way around.  Nothing wrong with it.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited August 2016
    Hub said:
    Invest in the two prong stainless skewers.  They never burn and the food never spins on the skewer.  About 20 bucks including shipping on ebay.
    This. If you are gonna do shrimp regularly they are clutch. 

The only thing I do wood is toothpicks for on the road apps. 

Pics of the cook? Edit. Aaaaand there they are now. Looks good. Love us some grilled shrimp. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Yea I'm Diggin the grilled shrimp. I like em about any way
    Member since 2009