Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snake River Farms Waygu Brisket cook

Options
b0younce
b0younce Posts: 18
edited August 2016 in EGG Table Forum

I am cooking for my annual fantasy football draft party and my brother's house warming party. I bought a 17lb gold grade waygu brisket from Snake River Farms, 32lbs boneless pork shoulders and 24 lbs of pork belly. Going to fire up the egg at 9:00 pm tonight and will probably pull the last shoulder and belly off around 12:00-1:00 pm on Saturday. I hardly ever post photos of my cooks but I have not seen many posts of SRF waygu brisket and wanted to start a thread. Here are the prep photos and I will post the cook and the final product this weekend.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    Are you cooking everything at the same time on the Egg?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • b0younce
    Options
    brisket, 2 shoulders and 1 belly tonight so it will be ready tomorrow around 5:00. Then at 9:00 - 10:00 pm on Friday I will cook the other 2 shoulders and pork belly for his party at 3:00 pm on Saturday.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Can I join your fantasy football league? :)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Tried the embedded link; came up with "

This webpage is not available"

Looking forward to the pics and info-enjoy.  Hopefully you won the league last year to off-set some of the $$$.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Action_Hank
    Options
    Good idea using the trimmings from the brisket.  What are you injecting in the shoulders?
    "It's not the beard on the outside that counts, its the beard on the INSIDE."

LBGE   -   Lexington, KY
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looking good!  Great idea on foiling the entire counter for a prep area. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• chadpsualum
    Options
    Good idea using the trimmings from the brisket.  What are you injecting in the shoulders?
    I second this...I had not thought of using the trimmings in that manner.  Does anyone else here do that?  I wonder what the net impact to the cook would be.  Would it penetrate and flavor or would it just roll off into the drip pan below?
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • b0younce
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Tried the embedded link; came up with "

This webpage is not available"

Looking forward to the pics and info-enjoy.  Hopefully you won the league last year to off-set some of the $$$.  ;)

Try it again. I posted it early and it didn't work but I fixed it. It should work now. If not I will post them all individually
  • b0younce
    Options

I bought an expensive highly concentrated apple juice from the store. I injected the brisket with beef broth
  • b0younce
    Options
    I second this...I had not thought of using the trimmings in that manner.  Does anyone else here do that?  I wonder what the net impact to the cook would be.  Would it penetrate and flavor or would it just roll off into the drip pan below?

I am not sure what impact it will have. It killed me to spend $210 on a brisket and throw away all of the fat I trimmed. I am going to use some to baste, I am going to use some to add to the flat and I am going to freeze the rest and use on roasted potatoes  or au jus for prime rib. The renderings are so damn rich and flavorful, I will be able to use them for something.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Watching this one for sure. Can't wait to see the outcome of all those great cuts.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • mikeinccfl
    mikeinccfl Posts: 119
    Options
    That'll be a great feast! Great ideas for using the trim and freezing the renderings; there's nothing better than roasted taters basted with drippings.
    L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL