Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boy is my house a mess..Stinks good!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Italian Style French Bread..hot and waiting for the table. Eggie came thru for me again..Recipe courtesy Dr. Chicken, and modified by C~W for Kitchen Aid. I cannot wait, but I must..BBQ chicken on the pre heated BGE. A glass of wine, or a bottle of Guinness along with it and nothing better..Then Basketball and Whooooeeee...Super Bowl coming!! Maybe Dr. Chicken will post his two recipes..Gotta do his Pure French bread next.[p]C~W

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    C~W,[p]Italian styled French bread?? I guess I need a bread education sometime. I would love to hear the recipe. If I know C~W there are firebricks involved.[p]Tim
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    C~W, French/Italian - sounds like an interesting mix! Just getting ready to start the BGE for a little London Broil - due to a change in plans, it has been marinating for about 32 hours!

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Gfw,[p]The LB sounds like it should be EGGxcellent.[p]Spin

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Mvc-462f.jpg
    <p />Spin, it truely was 'EGGxcellent'. In case you missed my earlier post about your pizza sauce - frozen - it too, was EGGxcellent![p]Thanks and have a great evening!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Tim M, you betcha...two firebricks end to end and two on edge and my big 14 inch aluminum cookie sheet resting on two firebricks on edge. The bread was hanging over the edge of the sheet just a tad. Both ends..:-) It was superior to any french bread I have eaten. Give Dave S. a e.mail and I am sure he will provide the recipe. He should post it in the breads on the recipe section. I used no smoking woods, only the charcoal. I ate half the loaf..:-) I made up my own dosage of added ingredients to his suggestions.
    Cheers..C~W

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Char-Woody,
    You have me excited now. You say it is superior to any French bread you have eaten. Must be a little bit okay.[p]Maybe we could persuade Dave to post that baby. I still have not done bread, but would love to have some good recipes/techniques to try. Nearly everybody eats bread. Why not have killer bread from your green ceramic hearth oven?? And just imagine, after you do it a few times, it will be a piece if cake (or bread).[p]Think it would be possible to post that when you have the time, Dave??[p]Sounds great there seedubya.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Gfw,[p]Congratulations on the great eats. Your picture (I'm exploring upgrading my tried and true camera) just melts my mouth. [p]I've heard, read, and understand that an acidic sauce will keep frozen very well, but have never tried it myself. The more I learn, the more I realize I need to learn. What a great trek.[p]Thank you Sir,
    Spin

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Nature Boy, he has two recipes..one for the one I did, Supreme Italian French. and his Supreme French Bread. I loved this Italian one. And I bet the 0ther is fantastic also. I give that one a whirl soon. Since Dave has a bread machine, I had to make a few changes and the options package of seasonings, ie, garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, are your own choices.. I used em all in small quantities. That Thyme really stands out nice in the dough and bread.
    Cheers...BGE bread is the best...heeeee..!!
    C~W