Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - SRF Black Briskets on Sale

Options
SRFShane
SRFShane Posts: 155
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
Hey all - those of you that know me and know and SRF know we're not the type to put up threads with our promos.  However, in this case, quantities are limited and the email goes out to our broad list in about an hour, so I wanted to give you guys an early heads-up.  

Every year for Annella's birthday, we run a week of specials on her favorite things, with something new each day.  We're kicking off this "Week of Annella" today with a big one - up to 25% off our black briskets.  This is the lowest price you'll ever see these for, so if you've been wanting to try one or need to stock up, now is the time.  SKU's are here:  Black Briskets on
Sale.   

Let me know if you have any questions.  

Shane

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks Shane for the heads up!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    After clicking the link above, just click "sale" on the SRF page if it does not load correctly.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • chadpsualum
    Options
    I think the link is missing an additional '/'

http://www.snakeriverfarms.com//specials.html

North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • SRFShane
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Shane the link seems not to be working at this time.

Thanks for the heads-up @Hotch - fixed.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @SRFShane - thanks for the heads up.  That said, here' an excerpt I received from SRF last month regarding the 9-12 lb Black grade briskets:
    "Unfortunately, we don’t foresee getting 9-12 pound black grade briskets back in stock any time soon. We’re projecting that they may become available possibly as late as November.

The 9-12 pound size is indeed an awesome size and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you-"

Anyhow I will pick up a larger one thru the sale.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SRFShane
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SRFShane - thanks for the heads up.  That said, here' an excerpt I received from SRF last month regarding the 9-12 lb Black grade briskets:
    "Unfortunately, we don’t foresee getting 9-12 pound black grade briskets back in stock any time soon. We’re projecting that they may become available possibly as late as November.

The 9-12 pound size is indeed an awesome size and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you-"

Anyhow I will pick up a larger one thru the sale.

Yeah @lousubcap , we're out of the 9-12 size right now.  We only have so many cows and the size of their briskets follow a bell curve - with the 9-12lb being on the far left and the 20+lb being on the far right.  Those are the SKU's we're most likely to be out of.  Most of the briskets will fall in the 12-18lb range (where we have a variety of SKU sizes).  Hope this helps explain why.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,980
    Options
    Here's the corrected link:

http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/specials.html?___store=default

I just ordered two of these bad boys - thanks Shane!!!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Ordered my first SRF brisket!  Woohoo!
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• Bart1434
    Bart1434 Posts: 160
    Options
    of course I just picked up two "superior" angus beef briskets from RD and now this sale...question is, do I order one from SRF and cook one of the superior ones in the freezer or do I buy a new freezer to make more room...geez this forum kills my wallet!

Southwestern, CT

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

...and to eat some great Food of course
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Thanks, just snagged a 14-16lb

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bhedges1987
    Options
    Bart1434 said:
    of course I just picked up two "superior" angus beef briskets from RD and now this sale...question is, do I order one from SRF and cook one of the superior ones in the freezer or do I buy a new freezer to make more room...geez this forum kills my wallet!
    Cook one tonight, and order a SRF and have it delivered for next week.

Those angus briskets from restaurant depot, aren't CAB.  At least the ones my restaurant depot sell.  I believe someone told me it was just a higher quality choice that they sell.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Brisket virgin here.

Having never cooked a brisket would it be wiser to just start with what I can buy locally  from either my butcher or RD or would I be more likely to get a better result by starting with a better hunk of meat like one of these SRF's?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bhedges1987
    edited August 2016
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Brisket virgin here.

Having never cooked a brisket would it be wiser to just start with what I can buy locally  from either my butcher or RD or would I be more likely to get a better result by starting with a better hunk of meat like one of these SRF's?

Depends where your from and how much briskets cost you.

Here I can get prime for 2.19 - 3.19 lb.  If you can do that I would start with those.

If your paying 60-80 a brisket, i'd just spend the extra money and get one of these.

Either way your first brisket will suck.... It's inevitable 

However, a SRF one may make it suck less.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @HeavyG - Given you are new to brisket cooks I would go with a local prime grade (or CAB) packer if you can find a supplier.  If you are a Costco member, you can find them there (Prime) for around $3.50/lb.  Of course you can jump into the deep end of the pool with a SRF but depending on the outcome of the cook you could be spoiled or ruined.  BTW -  your first cook does not have to suck.  Plenty here willing to help you thru it.  
    If you enjoy beef and want to take advantage of the sale, you can always spring for the SRF and keep it frozen for many months, practice and then break it out for a special occasion.  Your call-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Brisket virgin here.

I'd suggest starting with just "regular" briskets until you get comfortable.  Even then, you're going to find a lot of variation in the end product.   Getting a consistent brisket off the egg is next to impossible.  

They're always "good", by the way, in the sense that guests will love them.  We just tend to be our own worst critics on these things.  And you'll nail one and then find yourself chasing it for awhile.  

But after you're comfortable with the process go for the SRF.  Unless you totally eff it up, for sure it will be better than whatever the best one you'd done up to that point.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I disagree. The lesser grades of meat seem to be harder to get it right as that are not nearly as forgiving as a higher grade of meat with better marbling. Cooking the SRFs are a breeze. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Here's the corrected link:

http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/specials.html?___store=default

I just ordered two of these bad boys - thanks Shane!!!
    One for me and one for you?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I disagree. The lesser grades of meat seem to be harder to get it right as that are not nearly as forgiving as a higher grade of meat with better marbling. Cooking the SRFs are a breeze. 
    Sure.  But you have the benefit of experience and hindsight.  

I'd agree with you if the goal were to just cook one and be done with it, never to cook brisket again.  But in general folks aren't going to purchase an SRF every time they want to smoke a brisket.  It's useful to know where the bar is first.  

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    First time ordering a SRF brisket, ordered 2 of the 14-16lbs, pumped!
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • SRFShane
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Brisket virgin here.

From my perspective, the answer to both of your questions is likely yes.  Would it be wiser to start with less expensive briskets to learn with?  Probably yes, at least less expensive anyway.  Would you likely get a better result starting with better meat?  Yes, almost certainly.  

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    edited August 2016
    Options
    got one in the freezer.. ordered another... i feel like i should get one more to make it atleast to the holidays...

I just don't wanna place another order and get charged for shipping twice!  @SRFShane any free shipping promos that will be able to be used with any deals?
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Thanks one and all for the feedback.

The decision was made for me as I wouldn't be able to cook a packer brisket until mid-late September and I don't have room in my freezer to hold one until then. So, no SRF deal for me this go-round. Dilemma solved. :)

My Costco NEVER gets full briskets just flats. My local butcher has prime @ $5.99/pound. Haven't checked what is available in my local Restaurant Depot.

Perhaps I should just start with a flat anyway as I'm not sure my ADD is up to dealing with a full packer.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @HeavyG - starting with a flat is starting at the absolute bottom in terms of what is possible with brisket on the Egg.  Nowhere to go but up!
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Just ordered two myself, same question for @SRFShane if I order anything else this week can I ship all together and get a better shipping cost?
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options
    Bump. Same shipping question. 

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Doubtful, as I'm sure they use it as a little money making on the shipping.

Makes me wanna buy less this week if I'm gonna get hit with $10 bucks each item I buy during the week. Held off on my shipping date as well, in hopes I could call customer service to have just one box mailed. Although I suspect if you selected the same day for everything it would show up in box anyways, regardless of what you paid for in shipping.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I pulled the trigger on a 14-16 lber. Looks like they still have some today.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SRFShane
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hey guys - yup, still some briskets left (14-16, 16-18 and 20+).  

If you've already ordered something this week, then see something else you want, drop me an IM and I'll take care of the shipping for you.  (tagging @FATC1TY , @Gman2 , @ThrillSeeker ).  

BTW - deals for the rest of the week:  today is prime steaks.  Tomorrow is sirloins.  Thursday is a mish-mash, including tips and tails, cap of ribeye and corned beef.  Friday is 10% off site-wide.  Shhh, don't tell anyone  B) 

Some SKU's we have a lot of inventory on, others are very limited.  
  • TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, @SRFShane.  I've been on the fence with when to pull the trigger on my first SRF brisket.  The deed has now been done.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SRFShane said:
    Hey guys - yup, still some briskets left (14-16, 16-18 and 20+).  

If you've already ordered something this week, then see something else you want, drop me an IM and I'll take care of the shipping for you.  (tagging @FATC1TY , @Gman2 , @ThrillSeeker ).  

BTW - deals for the rest of the week:  today is prime steaks.  Tomorrow is sirloins.  Thursday is a mish-mash, including tips and tails, cap of ribeye and corned beef.  Friday is 10% off site-wide.  Shhh, don't tell anyone  B) 

Some SKU's we have a lot of inventory on, others are very limited.  
    Did instant message on your SRF site and she told me I would have to cancel my order and place new order if I wanted to add more items.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas