Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rack of Lamb, yeah baby!!!!

Options
Our 1st rack of lamb(s), used Rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper, seared 2 mins each side at 600 deg, then @ 400 until internal temp hit 130.  Absolutely perfect!!  Cooked the small one to a little higher temp for my parents who like it more MED.  
Wife says we putting the lamb in the regular rotation!!  Yeah baby!!
Retired Navy, LBGE
Pinehurst, NC

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Excellent 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Beautifully done.

StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Damn, that looks good. Nice work.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I want to cook this soon. It looks terrific. Well done. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks delicious!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Those look perfect -- mouth is watering!!!
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    Great cook and great pics. Lamb was planned for yesterday but unforeseen events required us to try another day. Hope I can get the results you did. This will be my first lamb and I am planning to use rosemary, garlic, and evoo.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Lamb is a cocky piece of meat. Who ever says "rack of cow"?  The $h!t is $200 and nobody calls it rack of cow. Rack of pig? Forget it. 

Looks good though. I can't eat it anymore, too much goat in my life to have anything resembling it. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Very nice! Was it difficult to get the temp to drop down to 400 after the sear?
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • bradleya123
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    Very nice! Was it difficult to get the temp to drop down to 400 after the sear?
    Not at all, I went from direct for the sear to indirect from the cook...
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @bradleya123
    Brother 123, that my friend looks spectacular. I actually did a double take when I saw it. For quality and more importantly quantity, I'm truly honored to give this magnificent cook the double seal of approval. One hell of a job my friend. 

You more than earned it ole buddy. If I had a triple seal this cook would get it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Looks great. I cook it maybe once a month and it's always a hit. One piece of advice, take a piece of foil and fold it over the exposed bones. They'll come out "pretty" and no black stuff oozing out the end.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Damn.., sure looks purdy!
  • BakerMan
    BakerMan Posts: 159
    Options
    Looks fantastic.
    BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Very nice.  I could eat a mess of them right now and I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee.

I never liked lamb until Photo Egg introduced me to them.  For years, he cooked them at Eggfest After Parties and I loved them.  I always thought his were a combination of perfect cooking and magic, but one day I decided to see if I could duplicate the process.

BINGO!!!  They were perfect, and not much trouble at all.  If my budget allowed for it, I would eat a lot of lamb... A LOT!!!  But I just may have to get some, budget or no budget, now that you sent out the 'teaser.'

Way to go.

Spring "Mary No Longer Has A Little Lamb" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Looks perfect. Nice job!
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.