Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brand new M/M for $500

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
Yo - someone near Clinton, IA interested?
https://quadcities.craigslist.org/for/5663191704.html

Wonder what's up as it hasn't been snapped up in the month it has been listed!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    The QC, and surrounding area, is chock full of blue collar, bumpkin cheap azzes.

Paid $400 for my new small, not even remotely interested in a lesser performing egg, for a higher price.   
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    1 mistake, owners or not, and there goes the value of the egg. I found and bought a few used M/M's for about $200 but the fact that they didnt have a warranty bothered me enough to sell and get a new with warranty. Already replaced 3 items under warranty with no hassle.
    Austin, Tx
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    you know you been here too long when a mini max is the same price as my first large that had free shipping from tennessee =) and a warranty
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    The market for expensive small heavy used ceramic cookers with no warranty just isn't very strong I guess. And for the same $$ I can have a new kamado Joe jr delivered free to my door. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    A new one at Roswell hardware is $494.
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Well, Ron, apparently they are too expensive, heavy, KJ jr is better, blue collar scum can't afford one, and in certain parts of the country you can get a new one for $6.00 less. Oh, and they aren't efficient. And the warranty thing. I like mine. So I got that going for me. =)  
  • I thought ron was just being sarcastic anyway. 

Little Rock, AR

• RRP
    I thought ron was just being sarcastic anyway. 
    Huh? I posted that link with the honest thought that it was brand new, still in the box so it probably has not been registered so that wasn't an issue. Couple that with $600 is closer to the going price up here so $500 is a good starting point and lastly since the ad has a month of whiskers that the seller might be willing to come on down in price. 

But sarcastic? Nope! 
  • I thought you were being sarcastic when you couldnt believe it wasnt already gone but I also had "mini" in my mind when I said that. Wasnt thinking minimax. I just read right over that somehow. 

Little Rock, AR

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892

My guess is that someone may have won it in a contest and it was drop shipped since it's still on a shipping pallet. There is no sales tax on it so that saves money (6% here in PA) plus the seller may come down in price.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    I paid this out of a guy's trunk . He gave me the receipts and all info, it was brand new.
    i am all registered up with no issues. He had a change of heart after lifting the damn thing.
    with taxes I saved $160

Seattle, WA
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    @badinfluence ... Clinton, Iowa? Hey Larry, is that you selling another Mini-Max?  Though I got the last two you had!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• RRP
    @badinfluence ... Clinton, Iowa? Hey Larry, is that you selling another Mini-Max?  Though I got the last two you had!
    I wondered that also, but never said anything! After all, Larry sort of put Clinton, IA on the BGE map wouldn't you say??? BTW Larry showed up in his BRIGHT orange pick-em-up truck after you left Pete's Eggfest in Sterling.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Nope not me guys. Funny when you click on the reply button for the post dudes name IS Larry as well but not my phone number. I just have the XXL, 1 lg, 2 med., and 1 mini now. For eggs. 
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa