Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggest my BGE Sat. Night Dish?

Options
Green_Giant
Green_Giant Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The deal is this: We have new friends coming over for dinner Saturday night, and will be out at son's baseball games most of the afternoon. I suggested a brisket, but the timing does not really work and wife wants something else - and to save the brisket for another time. [p]So, the leading candidate right now is a pork tenderloin. This seems like an easy one to marinate overnight and pop on the grill for a quick, direct heat cook. [p]Pork Loin recipes? Or make another suggestion, please. THANKS ! Dickson

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Green_Giant,
    I have seen some cool posts for stuffed pork tenderloin.
    Some with a fruit base that I bet none of your friends have tried. I hope another Egger can post more details.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Green_Giant,[p]This is one we enjoy often.[p]3 1/2 Cup Warm water
    1/4 Cup Kosher salt
    1 Cup Apple cider (can use apple juice)
    1/4 Cup Maple syrup (use the good stuff here)
    1 Tbs Cracked black pepper[p]Mix ingredients well and pour into a zip-lock bag large enough to hold the meat. Add the loin and refridgerate for 2 days occasionally turning and kneading the package.[p]Cook according to your wishes.[p]Spin

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Green_Giant,
    The following recipe is easy and REALLY great. It is important to get at least 8 hours and 24, if possible. I prefer to make with tenderloin, but a loin works too. If I cook a boneless loin, I cut it lengthwise to the approximate size of a tenderloin to get a little more action with the marinade.[p]Kentucky Bourbon Pork[p]2 lb pork tenderloin (2 small)
    1/4 c Kentucky Bourbon
    1/4 c soy sauce
    1/4 c brown sugar - packed
    3 cloves garlic - crushed
    1/4 c Dijon mustard
    1 tsp fresh ginger -- minced or 1/4 t dry
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 c vegetable oil[p]Combine marinade ingredients with a whisk. Marinate overnight. Drain. Cook on grill, basting often until done as desired.

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    BobS,[p]Oh my.[p]One more way to exhalt pork tenderloin.[p]Thank you.[p]This is tomorrow's dinner.[p]DD
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    RaginRibChops9.jpg
    <p />DobieDad,[p]I do a similair cook with Calvados...with Rib chops![p]Always a fav on Lusterleaf Drive!!![p]I just returned last evening from the Midwest![p]We need a chat.... whenever you have a minute and a good cuppa Joe!![p]Love to the Mrs...[p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Chubby, please share the recipe -- those look great and the occasional sip of Calvados isn't bad either.