Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor Kitchen Island

Options
Finally have my outdoor kitchen finished up.  Island built, replacement base for egg in place (warranty) and even found a use for old base and nest!!  

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    Options
    WOW!!! That is fantastic and love your surrounds.. Great work..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Beautiful. We've been discussing an out door kitchen for 3 years now. Just can't find the money but on beautiful summer days like this it seems like it would be a good idea. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I like it, simply done and fits well with the space.
    Nice touch with the base. Now you have a landing spot for hot items,
    Could you add a XL band/hinge to it so you could store in the old XL Base under the granite?
    I think I will do that with my cracked large!! Thanks!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Pghegger
    Pghegger Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks. We did not permantely attached the granite.  We glued a plywood circle underneath so it couldn't slide off.  Was thinking about using it as a ice cooler but wasn't sure if that would cause issues.  With the removable top we can still use for storage,  thinking about adding a band with handle to make it easier to move.
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nicely done, great use of your nest and base. :clap:
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    That was way cool, until I saw the next picture showing the pool.  Now I think that's just a bit too much.  Over the top.  Yeah, I'm JEALOUS!!!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    That is freaking awesome!!!! One question though.

What is that shiny thing located to the left of your egg? 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Pghegger
    Pghegger Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments.

XL history is I had a cracked fire ring grate and lower base.  Not sure how it happened.  The first two were no big deal but the base needed to be replaced with a crack down the back and bottom.  

The shiny thing is my wife's gas grill, not mine.  

• CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    With that backyard your kitchen would look good now matter how you made it haha. But having said that very nice job! Looks great!