Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Chicken Breast

Options
Sodak70
Sodak70 Posts: 29
I smoked 6 Chicken Breast on the Large egg for some company coming over this afternoon.  They got to IT of 165 way earlier than I thought they would.  I put barbecue sauce on them and just shut down the egg for now.  Can anybody tell me if I should take them off and put them in a cooler with a towel or if they will be OK in the egg without drying out until about 1;30 or 2 this afternoon?
Large and MiniMax Egg, 28" Blackstone Griddle

Franklin (South East), Va

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    They will continue to cook in the egg, hopefully you realized that and pulled them or you are going to have to shred and serve as chicken salad, they will be way overcooked. Shutting the egg down means they were probably in a 300ºF warming oven.....
    My target to pull chicken is at about 145ºF, the carryover is to 150-155º which is just fine for immediate serving. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Sodak70
    Sodak70 Posts: 29
    Options
    @Skiddymarker thanks for the info.  I didn't realize it till you said something.  I pulled them after about an hour more in the egg.  I put the thermometer in and they were registering about 175ish.  I put them in a foil container and put them in a cooler.  

Thanks for the help
    Large and MiniMax Egg, 28" Blackstone Griddle

Franklin (South East), Va