Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    steel_egg said:
    My package showed up this afternoon and I raced home to find an awesome box of stuff from Iowa. It's great to try all these new flavors. I huge thank you to briskest fanatic!!!!

Just crazy how unfamiliar I am with most stuff given so far!  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    @charliebatutis nope never had it. I'm from north/central Alabama
    Me either...which is why we do interstate trading.  What's common to you is likely not common to me!
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Put mine in the mail today. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    My box will go out on Monday target. Had to do some last minute shopping!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Anybody else checking their front porch regularly to see if their package has arrived, or am I the only one?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Anybody else checking their front porch regularly to see if their package has arrived, or am I the only one?
    I'm going to check it as soon as I get home, but I've been away on business for a couple of days....

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options
    @Tspud1 the return shipping said "Randy Clampitt". I can take a pic if you want.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    My package, appropriately rests in Mesquite TX, on its way to one of our brothers.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    shtgunal3 where are you from? seriously never had country bobs? I always assumed that was like heinz ketchup
    I sent that to shtgunal3. It's from Centralia, IL and I figured he wouldn't see it down south. Nothing like ketchup.
  • Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    Can't wait to get back home to TX and check the mail. In VT for a few more days. 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    I received a late afternoon delivery from UPS....thanks to Jeff @jabam 's kindness and generosity. What made this shipment so fantastic to me was they were personal favorites....and that is what it's all about to me. In addition to sauces and rubs, Jeff included some nuts grown by the company he works for.  Jeff offered to assist with any restocking of favored items, which further extends his generosity. I am greatful for all the rubs, sauces, nuts, specialty items and thought put into this gift. What fun it will be to explore new flavors in my egging expierence. 

Jeff, I sincerely appreciate all you have done for me. I look forward to keeping in touch with you as I work my way through them all.

let me add a big thanks to @cazzy for all the work put into this exchange. What great fun this has been both on the giving and receiving side. 

I I hope you all have a great weekend.....happy smoking. 
    IMHO the Frog sauce is the star of this collection, I found it traveling to the Bay Area, it is my new favorite sauce, has just the right kick to it. I'm sure some of the Bay Area eggers have probably come across it. Enjoy Robin!  And  thanks to @cazzy for putting this together. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • jabam
    Options
    Big shout out to @tgs2401 for putting together this totally unique package! Can't wait to try the Woodford reserve bourbon! And the bourbon smoked spices are going to be a homerun! Tom also included a history of his hometown, Owensboro KY and their tradition with Bbq'd mutton, which I was unaware of. Great reading. Looking forward to trying this bourbon themed ensemble! Thanks again Tom!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Parkersquared
    Options
    @tonyled Thank You!!!  This is a great haul.  Can't wait to try all of these. I am almost finished gathering for mine and hope to send them as good of a haul as this. 

Wiggins, MS
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I'm glad everything showed @Brisket_Fanatic. I hope you enjoy the central rub as much as we do! The BBQ Shake is great on anything.  I even put it on eggs occasionally. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @tonyled Thank You!!!  This is a great haul.  Can't wait to try all of these. I am almost finished gathering for mine and hope to send them as good of a haul as this. 

enjoy!  it was fun putting it together!  make that stagners, john henry, and deez nuts your top priorities as they are some of my favorites.  i sure am glad everything made it in one piece though as that box was tight.  bbq tetris is NOT a fun game  :)
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options
    @Tspud1 what is your favorite way to use the Country Bob's? Is it similar to A-1 sauce?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    @Tspud1 what is your favorite way to use the Country Bob's? Is it similar to A-1 sauce?
    It can be used that way but has a bit of a different taste. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• cazzy
    Options
    I just knew one of my fellow Texans would send Franklin's book.  Great job @tonyled
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Wow!  I can not express how blown away I am at the package the I just received from @SoCalTim. This was my first time participating and didn't know what to expect, but Tim set the record straight. I have never tried or heard of any of these rubs. I can not wait to try all of them. Thank you again Tim. If you ever make it to the central IL area I owe several beers. 

Score! Above and beyond right there!
    Bone Sucking sauce is on of my favorites and from NC too. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I'm liking the alcohol trend I see working it's way into the boxes this year.  Hmmmmm....
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    @Tspud1 the return shipping said "Randy Clampitt". I can take a pic if you want.
    Randy sends out our UPS shipments so I guess every package would have his name by default. I should have remembered to put in a note from last couple of times. If you ever want any more of the Lickin's or Country Bobs, left me know. I know distributor in this area. He likes BBQ cooking but isn't a egg owner. He competes at American Royal in saucestock and won a couple of years. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jabam said:
    I received a late afternoon delivery from UPS....thanks to Jeff @jabam 's kindness and generosity. What made this shipment so fantastic to me was they were personal favorites....and that is what it's all about to me. In addition to sauces and rubs, Jeff included some nuts grown by the company he works for.  Jeff offered to assist with any restocking of favored items, which further extends his generosity. I am greatful for all the rubs, sauces, nuts, specialty items and thought put into this gift. What fun it will be to explore new flavors in my egging expierence. 

Jeff, I sincerely appreciate all you have done for me. I look forward to keeping in touch with you as I work my way through them all.

let me add a big thanks to @cazzy for all the work put into this exchange. What great fun this has been both on the giving and receiving side. 

IMHO the Frog sauce is the star of this collection, I found it traveling to the Bay Area, it is my new favorite sauce, has just the right kick to it. I'm sure some of the Bay Area eggers have probably come across it. Enjoy Robin!  And  thanks to @cazzy for putting this together. 
    Well cooked up a mess of short ribs today....and jumped on the Frog sauce. I didn't take pictures but will confirm....it is d@mn grate sauce. Also As one of @jabam  's favorites, I seasoned my grilled asparagus with the Pappy's veggie ...and it drove it all home. Again thanks Jeff for kick starting the weekend and upcoming holiday weekend off with a bang.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jabam
    Options
    jabam said:

Well cooked up a mess of short ribs today....and jumped on the Frog sauce. I didn't take pictures but will confirm....it is d@mn grate sauce. Also As one of @jabam  's favorites, I seasoned my grilled asparagus with the Pappy's veggie ...and it drove it all home. Again thanks Jeff for kick starting the weekend and upcoming holiday weekend off with a bang.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it Robin! 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Man I can't wait. This is worse than Christmas as a kid.  My package will be delivered on Monday. Hope they enjoy. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    steel_egg said:
    My package showed up this afternoon and I raced home to find an awesome box of stuff from Iowa. It's great to try all these new flavors. I huge thank you to briskest fanatic!!!!

@Brisket_Fanatic gifted me some Cookie's rub last year. It's phenomenal on pork chops. You'll love it @steel_egg
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    That is why I went with the bigger container to start with.  If you need more let me know @steel_egg or @DoubleEgger

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    That is why I went with the bigger container to start with.  If you need more let me know @steel_egg or @DoubleEgger
    Thanks for the offer. I bought some more already!