Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Comments

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    I'm in.
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • I wouldn't mind joining, but this is my first post. Just got my xl egg last Monday but have been reading this forum for quite some time.  Already used my egg twice last week. The wife and kids got it for me for fathers day. Took them to an eggfest and it sold them on it. I look forward to joining next year. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    I wouldn't mind joining, but this is my first post. Just got my xl egg last Monday but have been reading this forum for quite some time.  Already used my egg twice last week. The wife and kids got it for me for fathers day. Took them to an eggfest and it sold them on it. I look forward to joining next year. 
    Welcome
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Thank you. I look forward to learning some tips and tricks from you guys. 
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    kaikheremshi...Welcome from KY, too !!!

You will love the egg.  Now that you have made a post....we want to see pics of food !!!

Enjoy your new eggdiction !

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    In!!  Can't wait to get who my target is.......
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Well, I should be in again, if I did it right. 

Little Rock, AR

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Looking forward to getting my draw Thursday morning.  I've got most of my stuff, just need a couple more things and anything specified from the wish list.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I was not involved in the 2015 exchange, but I just looked through that thread and many members really "brought it."  It's a little intimidating.  As I began my shopping, one place i have purchased rubs before has this on their website now:  :anguished:

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • What???  Lawry quit making seasoning salt????

Just funning ya @kl8ton
    Flint, Michigan
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    I enjoyed it...I'm in again!
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • cazzy said:
    I'm in if allowed. Pair me with another fellow egger who is not on par with the 250 post count if need be.  Thanks!
    Yes...will be the case.  Any new participant that has under 250 posts will paired with each other.  Sign up!
    Awesome. I'm in!
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    I'm just gonna put this out there. If you happen to get a Canadian, and consider yourself lucky if you do,don't get excited if the box doesn't arrive in the number of days you think it will. Really, it will get there. It just takes time for it to get through customs etc. Don't worry. Please. It will be fine. No reason to get upset and pester the good folks at USPS. 
    I love the fact that @UncleFred drove himself half crazy checking on it but it will come...really. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Bump. Last day folks. 

Little Rock, AR

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    gmac said:
    I'm just gonna put this out there. If you happen to get a Canadian, and consider yourself lucky if you do,don't get excited if the box doesn't arrive in the number of days you think it will. Really, it will get there. It just takes time for it to get through customs etc. Don't worry. Please. It will be fine. No reason to get upset and pester the good folks at USPS. 
    I love the fact that @UncleFred drove himself half crazy checking on it but it will come...really. 
    Any tips for sending a package to Canada?
    Are there items that have to be avoided or ways it should be packaged?
    LBGE/Maryland
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited June 2016
    Can't wait for tomorrow to she who I'm getting!!! I've already got several things for my package (assuming any dietary restrictions get in the way.... Then I guess I'd just have to keep 'em). 
  • What time is the deadline tonight to decide?  I am just a few posts shy of qualifying.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    What time is the deadline tonight to decide?  I am just a few posts shy of qualifying.  
    Just get busy telling everyone how nice there cooks are (assuming they are)...and you will be there in a flash. It is great fun....you don't want to miss it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • So in!
    Denver, CO
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Nothing like the last minute.....lol. I'm in!
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    KiterTodd said:
    gmac said:
    Any tips for sending a package to Canada?
    Are there items that have to be avoided or ways it should be packaged?
    @KiterTodd or anyone sending to Canada

Use USPS.  Do not use fedex, purolator or UPS (broker fees to clear customs are ridiculous).  Clearly indicate your full name, address and phone number.  Same for the recipient.  The custom officer that will inspect the package may want to contact you or the recipient.  Put a list of what is included in the package, approximate value and country of origin (if not US or Canada, it may cause problems).  On the list, close to the value, clearly indicate, with an emphasis, that this is a gift exchange (it may be a good idea to include the  link to this thread.  Do not send alcoholic beverages or weapons (even fake ones).  This may sound overkill but I had bad experiences in the past...  Use a lot of bubble wrap or other stuffing in the package.  If you include glass bottles, try to avoid placing them on the sides of the package.

For Canadians sending to the US, the same applies but I recommend using Canada Post.

I have access to a US address shipping service and I have to go soon so I will update my profile with it instead of my Canadian address.  It will be cheaper for my Elf to ship.

I just jumped on the ship. I cant wait. I missed it the last couple times. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Please enter your forum handle ASAP.  There are several of you who didn't enter your handle.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • What the heck. I'm in. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Dumb question. Where do I enter my forum handle and address?
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • I figured it out and just joined. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • cazzy
    I have extended the draw one day so the members who need to add their handle are able to do so.  I have emailed the participants who didn't include a handle and informed them that they would be removed from the exchange if they don't add their handle to elfster.  I will give them till 11:00pm, tomorrow.

Also, if you are participating in the exchange this year and have drawn a Canadian in a past exchange, please IM me.  
  • cazzy
    Can't wait for tomorrow to she who I'm getting!!! I've already got several things for my package (assuming any dietary restrictions get in the way.... Then I guess I'd just have to keep 'em). 
    One more day...sorry! 

My apologies to all...I know yall were looking forward to tomorrow am.
  • Looks like I got in with minutes to spare!!

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

I've never meet a cow I didn't like, with a little salt and pepper.

Amarillo, Texas

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    I hope I get a Canadian.. I have some really awesome Californian rubs I'd like to share.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.