Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ever look at something...

Options
dougcrann
dougcrann Posts: 1,129
....and wonder "how in the hell am I gonna get that outta there? Need to pull the abs pump out of my pickup. The board in the module has some cracked solder joints...or so I am told. Normally one would just remove the module itaelf....but someone stripped the bolts holding it on....Good times... 

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    I recently had to rewire a headlight in my wife's car (harness melted to the bulb). har to go through the wheel well to remove some of the bolts. Pretty ridiculous for a 5 minute fix, to spend a half an hour removing everything to be able to get to it. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    dougcrann said:
    ....and wonder "how in the hell am I gonna get that outta there? Need to pull the abs pump out of my pickup. The board in the module has some cracked solder joints...or so I am told. Normally one would just remove the module itaelf....but someone stripped the bolts holding it on....Good times... 
    yup - years ago I went to replace the battery in my '95 Corvette and a close exam proved that structurally it was impossible to do without removing the front fender which I did so it could slide out the side!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    95 must have been a good model year. . . 

95 VW Jetta VR6. To remove alternator, engine must be unsecured from motor mounts and jacked up to provide clearance enough to slide it out. . . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • jvencius
    jvencius Posts: 19
    Options
    That's what happens when you totally exclude mechanics from the design process of a car (or anything mechanical, for that matter...)
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Tell me about it! I worked of that S$#$# for 30+ years, I got cuts in places that I didn't even know I had.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    84 Buick Regal
      Motor mounts need to unbolted and engine raised 4 inches to R and R # 8 spark plug!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Did you get that thing out yet? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It took me 2.5 hours to figure out the route and replacement of my lawnmowers pto belt last weekend. All because I was too cheap to download the manual for $23. Probably a 45 minute procedure including taking the deck off. The biggest issue was finding the right pulleys to ride the belt around and taking off other belts to slip this one on. All I know is that $23 manual can kiss my a$$!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Did you get that thing out yet? 
    Yes....only thing in the way was the air horns I mounted. While I am under there is will be replacing the air compressor that burnt out a couple of years ago.  Miss driving by the Jiffy Lube guys while they are out on the sidewalk and watching them jump....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,474
    Options
    This is why I've been a Saaboholic for 31 years.  The oil filter is at the top of the engine block, with a ring build around it which directed spilled oil back into the block; the drain plug was at the front of the block, and could be removed from the front of the car without putting a knee on the ground; the fuse box was mounted on top of the wheel well, with each fuze marked as to what it was for; on and on.  
    Curse you GM for letting Her die!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    You sir, are the king of click bait links 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf