Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Joetisserie coming for BGE XL

Sonny3
Sonny3 Posts: 455
edited June 2016 in EggHead Forum
I have been reading all of the conversations about the Joetisserie lately and would really like to have one. I own an XL and Med so I called the company yesterday and asked about one for the XL.

They told me that it was in the works and should be available for purchase in about 5-6 months.  I just thought I would pass along the info for future spending plans for others like me that seem to be always looking for ways to spend money to support their "Eggdicition".
Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Eggactly!  the Joetisserie has been a hit with my Eggdiction.  :)
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • I've been waiting for this  
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Christmas list
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    It's a cool tool but for the price I'll stick with my Weber kettle for roti cooks. 
    Thanks for the heads up though. 
  • Canary
    Canary Posts: 37
    Black dot
    If Canary can do it you can too!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Put in your Firecraft order now.

#morelump
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    There seems to be some hostility here regarding the Joetisserie and I'm not sure why.  Liking the accessory doesn't make one disloyal to the BGE itself.  I can honestly say that I have never thought "Oh man, I wish I hadn't have cooked this with the Joetisserie."
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    @Hub, some folk just don't get it and that's okay. Love mine and that's okay too. Some folks don't get the adjustable rig. And that's okay too. There are many methods to cooking on the egg. Some are good for some, some, not so much for others. It's all a matter of preference. That's what makes this such a great place. Joetisserie on!
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    @hub there's hostility here to any and everything... Especially when it comes to $.
    i just kick my feet up and have a laugh. We all have tastes... Some may be different than others $$ wise.
    Seattle, WA
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Devise-ive-ness on accessories?.  I mean really.  I agree with @Dredger.  
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    My only complaint is laziness on my behalf. I get hyped up with cooking ideas but never follow through. I will have to dust off the rotisserie soon.
    Austin, Tx
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    You freaking kidding me? I will have one, because I value a rotisserie, and I have this demented desire to spend even more money on anything remotely associated with the BGE.
    I have said this, often as a warning to the new eggers; "The least expensive cost of owning a BGE, is the initial cost of buying your first BGE."
    Go ahead, ask me how my $46K kitchen demo and reconstruct is going, and I will explain why. I double dog dare you.
    Rotisserie, oh yeah, it is on now. I have been waiting........
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    YukonRon said:
    You freaking kidding me? I will have one, because I value a rotisserie, and I have this demented desire to spend even more money on anything remotely associated with the BGE.
    I have said this, often as a warning to the new eggers; "The least expensive cost of owning a BGE, is the initial cost of buying your first BGE."
    Go ahead, ask me how my $46K kitchen demo and reconstruct is going, and I will explain why. I double dog dare you.
    I have to ask, how's the 46k kitchen demo and reconstruct going? :)
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I like the idea of the Joetisserie, but like others have said the price is a little high for me.  If the large is $250, how much is the XL going to cost, $350-$400?  SWMBO will say no to that.  I could have another egg for $400.  I had a rotisserie for my former gas grill and used it maybe 2 or 3 times over the 18 years I had it.  Now a rotisserie on the egg should produce better food so I may use it more.  I look forward to it coming out and seeing what everyone thinks about the XL version.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2016
    For 300, you can get a new OTG and Cajun Bandit rotis.  
    Just sayin.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Focker said:
    Just sayin.

Found it for $150 for the 22.5" Weber Kettle or WSM.  Now that price is a little better and I could use it on my WSM.

http://cajunbandit.com/rotisserie/22-5/
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2016
    Focker said:
    Just sayin.

Found it for $150 for the 22.5" Weber Kettle or WSM.  Now that price is a little better and I could use it on my WSM.

http://cajunbandit.com/rotisserie/22-5/
    Yes sir, my brother and I ordered the add on flip with two motor mounts.  Chris was great to deal with, and cut us a break on shipping when we ordered two.

Been wanting to do some Indiana burn barrel chickens with splits on the 22 WSM.  That may be a weekend project with my son and nephews.  Raised direct is $$$ on the 22 WSM

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Not only should you never trust someone with a jotisserie, never, EVER, look them in the eye.
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    SkinnyV said:
    @hub there's hostility here to any and everything... Especially when it comes to $.
    i just kick my feet up and have a laugh. We all have tastes... Some may be different than others $$ wise.
    for me.... i just chalk it up to new england frugality =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    tgs2401 said:
    YukonRon said:
    I have to ask, how's the 46k kitchen demo and reconstruct going? :)

Laughing about it now. It is amazing how much I do not know about home remodeling. Amazing. Apparently, when you just let the kitchen sit for days on end,  with no construction going on, it magically finishes itself. Yeah.It is going slower than I want, but it is going. Finally saw the granite for the counter tops today, It arrived from overseas yesterday. It is due to be installed next Friday. That, and getting the trim done, finishing the plumbing, lighting, elctrical hookups, appliance installation, and some minor painting,  should be done by 9/1. then I can keep all my BGE stuff inside!!!!!! that is of course if My Beautiful Wife allows it.
    You coming over for the LD3DS?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Plugging a BBQ into the wall is just plain wrong. 

Plugging any accessories into the wall so that your BBQ can work is also just plain wrong.

JMO
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE