Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Prime Rib

Options
Rubbed with Worcestershire sauce, Montreal steak seasoning, a small amount of minced garlic, and salt and pepper!  Wrapped in foil and refrigerated for 5hrs. I let it sit out for about an hour while I set up the egg and flameboss for 250°

Poor tank is eyeballing the heck out of Jessica's plate wishing she'd drop a piece! Lol  :dog:

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks like your k9 is well trained! Great looking steak btw!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Solid my friend--excellent looking plate. It looks like tank has been well trained to wait his turn. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Blackwidow98
    Blackwidow98 Posts: 134
    Options
    Thank you!  Man it sure was good!!!  Next time I'll have to look into how to make the au jus sauce. I've cooked prim rib many times but I've never tackled an au jus recipe. Tank is a big part of the family and also the most obedient dog I have ever owned! Probably because I spend a lot of time with him like he's my own child.  He'll be 5yrs old in July.  
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,760
    Options
    The whole plate looks great. Really nailed the prime rib. Did you throw Tank a nibble or is table food a no-no?
    Stillwater, MN
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Funny how that goes. First they are just a goofy pup who is cute and fun to watch. Next thing you know--inseparable. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Blackwidow98
    Options
    He had a sample or two! Lol   That look gets me every time :dog:
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Strong cook. 

Besutiful pics!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    I have cooked one prime rib and it was the best I have ever eaten. Noticed the Georgia rug and statue in the background. We have a statue just like that that floats around our office. Go Dawgs!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great looking plate!  Love prime rib, great job.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Nice work. Looks perfect. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Blackwidow98
    Options
    GaBGE said:
    I have cooked one prime rib and it was the best I have ever eaten. Noticed the Georgia rug and statue in the background. We have a statue just like that that floats around our office. Go Dawgs!
    Good eye! That bulldogs statue is older than I am.    I'm ready to see what our new coach is gonna do this year!
  • Ag83
    Ag83 Posts: 34
    Options
    Awesome looking prime rib. Love it. Great job.
  • Ivanhoe
    Ivanhoe Posts: 223
    Options
    Thank you!  Man it sure was good!!!  Next time I'll have to look into how to make the au jus sauce. I've cooked prim rib many times but I've never tackled an au jus recipe. Tank is a big part of the family and also the most obedient dog I have ever owned! Probably because I spend a lot of time with him like he's my own child.  He'll be 5yrs old in July.  
    RRP's au jus recipe was great the last time I used it - http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1190075/rrp-question-about-your-au-jus-recipe#latest

Great looking dinner btw!

Tulare, CA - Large BGE
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That is a beautiful cook and the plated shot is awesome. Handsome pup too.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,170
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Solid my friend--excellent looking plate. It looks like tank has been well trained to wait his turn. 
    Ha if time is tight....a can of Campbell's Beef Consume will serve as a decent pinch hit. Not the real deal....but it will still bring some joy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow