Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

D Day

Options
DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
Take a moment and honor those who bravely stormed the beaches of France 72 years ago. 

Some days you might think you're a badass, but you'll never be Jack Churchill. 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Amazing stuff and bravery.  My FIL (deceased) was overhead in a B-17.  Thanks Michael.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Great post..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Amen brother!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Not sure if that's badass, or insanity.
    The Brit damn sure got the job done with his sword, bow, and bagpipes, ambushing Germans medieval style.  His stories are legendary, taking an entire 42 man mortar team hostage with his sword. 

Have had the honor and privilege to take care of these men, from paratroopers to engineers who designed the bridges for Patton at the Battle of the Bulge.  Always enjoy sitting down and listening to them talk.  Good, solid, peeps.  As stated, an honor to help them, and theirs.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    all respect and honor for those who paved the way for our freedom!
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Here's the backstory for the 11yr old boy in the first photo above.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9Si28k0Fk

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Very moving.  Thank you for those braves souls that fought to keep this great country free and thank you @DoubleEgger for posting this.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I was in Paris a couple of years ago to the day. We trained it out near Normandy to see Claude Monet's house and Lilly garden. You see the wife is an artist (taught art in school for many years), and she wanted to see it. I have to say I enjoyed it myself. Getting back to the point.....I wished we had taken a day and gone out to the beaches. One day I will get back there. Perhaps I will take the @YukonRon wine tour of France and try and catch it on that trip. To those who fought, a tip of my cap to you.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow